Viking Market Norway Trip 2016

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Trotsky

Thanks everyone :)

They are soooo much work so would be 300-400 but I don't actually sell them as they are so much hassle to get 'right'. Easy to make for myself but making them for ryan was a bit of a stress. I took a course with a friend to make this style properly so when asked for orders I just point everyone in his direction as he is the master at making viking boots. If you are interested I can give you his details :)

Do you have a pattern you follow for those boots, or is it all done by eye and experience? I'd love to have a go at making some, I recently made myself some Gillies and really enjoyed that even though it was very simple. If you have a pattern you don't mind sharing it would be much appreciated :)

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Do you have a pattern you follow for those boots, or is it all done by eye and experience? I'd love to have a go at making some, I recently made myself some Gillies and really enjoyed that even though it was very simple. If you have a pattern you don't mind sharing it would be much appreciated :)

Hey, sorry missed this comment as my internet was down. I've made various turnshoes just by making my own patterns until I met Peter Merret, a master turnshoe maker. His boots last years and are the most sought after, So I took a course with him to make the tall boots. As I'm also a leatherworker, our agreement was I could use his pattern for myself and make a pair for my friend as a gift, but that was it, as it's something he has developed over 20+ years.

However it's not that difficult to work out the main pattern by following a basic turnshoe guide and extending it up the leg and tweaking it here and there. I plan on developing some boot patterns myself when I can find the time and have plenty of leather to waste ;) Here is a basic guide for you: http://www.aidan-campbell.co.uk/PDFs/Guide to Viking turnshoes.pdf Have fun :)

Trotsky

Hey, sorry missed this comment as my internet was down. I've made various turnshoes just by making my own patterns until I met Peter Merret, a master turnshoe maker. His boots last years and are the most sought after, So I took a course with him to make the tall boots. As I'm also a leatherworker, our agreement was I could use his pattern for myself and make a pair for my friend as a gift, but that was it, as it's something he has developed over 20+ years.

However it's not that difficult to work out the main pattern by following a basic turnshoe guide and extending it up the leg and tweaking it here and there. I plan on developing some boot patterns myself when I can find the time and have plenty of leather to waste ;) Here is a basic guide for you: http://www.aidan-campbell.co.uk/PDFs/Guide to Viking turnshoes.pdf Have fun :)

Great stuff, thank you very much!
I had a bit of a go last weekend at making something inspired by a boot dugout at Hedeby, developing my own pattern using lining paper and some leather I got given free. Not entirely happy with the result but, it's the first the first time I've tried such a thing.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
Great stuff, thank you very much!
I had a bit of a go last weekend at making something inspired by a boot dugout at Hedeby, developing my own pattern using lining paper and some leather I got given free. Not entirely happy with the result but, it's the first the first time I've tried such a thing.

I think I binned about 8 pairs of turnshoes before I got my pattern right when I made my first good pair. feet are a nightmare haha

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE