Will I be denied?

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
It's a very sad day for me. I was out in my favourite wood last night. It's rare you come across anyone but last night I spoke with an elderly gent walking his dog who informed me that the wood had been sold. I was horrified as it is a Forestry Commission wood. Last night I found the sale particulars 180 acres of mixed woodland for £400,00. I was gutted. I have spent most of the day trying to find out what's happened. It would appear that the commission leased the wood from the land owner. The lease expired and the landowner put the wood up For Sale and then withdrew it. The lady at the commission , who was very helpful,couldn't tell me who the owner is. So that's the next job. I have wandered around this wood since I was a kid and would be truly upset if I can't anymore. Time will tell. If anyones interested details are here.

http://johnclegg.s3.amazonaws.com/ditton-park-wood_160769715.pdf

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Thats a shame Gaudette, but you never know the new landowner might be a friendly sort...

Heres hoping for you anyway.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
The woodland is sold subject to and with the benefit of all rights, including rights of way, whether public or private,
From the blurb the FC has the lease still 999 YEAR lease started in 1953, the only lease that as expired is the Sporting Rights

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Unfortunately tadpole the old Forestry lease expired the details i posted were the details the landowner printed when he or her was going to sell to sell the wood which they then withdrew. I have a suspicion that Sheik Mohamed may have bought it privately as it backs onto one of his many studs. This would make sense as he owns most of the land that side of Newmarket. If this is the case the answer will be no. I will check the land registry later.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
Well good news I have found out the owners of the wood and had a chat with someone in the know and it would seem its ok walk through the wood. I can sleep easy tonight.

I'm trying to figure out where this is now. .. I used to go to cubs and scouts in Stetchworth and then Dullingham. Wonder if I've walked through there too?
Mark

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Sussed it now.... My school bus used to drive past or every day back in the 90s. Think my old primary teacher used to live in the house on the corner!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE