Wilkinsons selling highlander stuff?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

shortymcsteve

Forager
Jan 8, 2011
Hamilton, Scotland
Was just looking at the wilko website and noticed they have updated their stock yet again with more outdoor stuff, i was surprised with some of the items for sale; hexi stoves, swiss army style folding cups (copies), lots of survival equipment and even copies of US canteens with pouches!

I thought a lot of it looked similar to what you find branded as highlander and then i came across the 'Wilko Trekker Mosquito Net' with the image clearly showing the highlander logo on the side!

I can image a lot of it is just re badged highlander gear, some of the things selling a little bit cheaper too.
Its just too bad that the only thing i can find in my local store is the survival tins selling at an extortionate £17!

Has anyone been buying these 'wilko' products?
Is there anything worth buying & is the quality any good?

Caboose

Apr 7, 2011
uk
you say that wilko's are selling the survival tin at an extortionate price. But really, its actually one of the better lil kits out there that i've seen compaired to the ones sold in blacks, field & trek and ebay. The tin's the same aluminium ones you find on ebay for £8 or so ( I still preffer Stainless due to leeching, but thats me) and then the contents of it are pretty decent. Its got all that you'd need apart from something like a makeshift tarp! Got a lil knife, a cheap muti-tool with another blade (wow 2 blades!) flint n steel, candle, water puri tabs, wire saw, all the usual crap. But it actually looks decent even compared to the eurohike model (which i wasn't too impressed with tbh)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE