Wildlife pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Thanks Mike it has also bee suggested as male Zygiella x-notata.

Well it certainly isn't that. Palps, abdomen markings and thoracic markings are all wrong, just for starters, before I start talking about leg spines and eye pattern. This is unquestionably a money spider, not an orb weaver.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Thanks Mike it has also bee suggested as male Zygiella x-notata.

Thanks Goatboy

Here is what I was hunting for it is under 1mm long

Collembola by alf.branch, on Flickr
Another stunner, it's a type of mite isn't it; you'll notice that I don't have a great deal of info on insects, the only ones I really had to learn to identify were ones harmful to Timber species.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
That's a springtail, a primitive insect, Goatboy. Mites are arachnids, so like spiders they don't have antennae.
I thought it was a springtail, but thought they were part of the mite family. Cheers for the info, I like to learn something new everyday. Most of the bug work I did was for IDing pests in forestry plantations to see what course of action to take. Though if we thought there was something rare we'd call in experts to make sure we weren't killing off rare/goodguys. I've obviously forgotten a lot I see.

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria

Spearhead

Dec 16, 2014
Italia
a little frog found camouflaging in a cave

4ihh6h.jpg

brancho

Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Some of my first shots with my 3 tubes plus the Raynox DCR250 on the Sigma 105 with my Olympus OMD E-M1 now with my Nissin Di466 flash off camera.

I was not paying attention earlier in the day when I found a lot of subjects and shot at ISO 3200 with flash which not as detailed as they could have been.

Well I went out and mangaed to find some subjects in the time I had. With the extra magnification I am not cropping as much but I need to make a diffuser for the new flash position.

Dicyrtomina-saundersi by alf.branch, on Flickr

This one was moving slowly and seemed to be struggling I looked away for another subject to find it on its back

Climbing-the-hill by alf.branch, on Flickr

On-its-back-2 by alf.branch, on Flickr

Entomobrya multifasciata by alf.branch, on Flickrkr

Thanks. Its a Canon EF 75-300. One of the early versions (1991 according to Wiki) with no IS and very noisy and slow when focusing.
Not sure how sharp it really is, it struggled with the Great Tit quite a lot.

I do have a version 1 55-250 with IS but that was being used by my girlfriend.

Very tempted by the new Tamron 75-600mm lens. :)

Lovely dunnock pic - out of interest what's the "old lens"? Pretty sharp...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE