Wilderness Gathering 2005

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Paganwolf

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
Guys ive just spoken to Roger H and he tells me BCUK will have a stand at this years WG :biggthump whats the score on it? any details on what will be going on yet :?: great idea as its the biggest and the only gathering of its type in the UK and if its anything like the last 2 years it will be one Not to miss and will be good promotion for the site and get more victims er i mean members in :p :biggthump

Aug 4, 2003
Hatfield, Herts
Agree totally, I missed lat years so fully intend to make this 1.

Maybe we could all agree to meet at the stand at a certain time???

And I am sure you would have plenty of "willing" helpers.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I had only just arrived on the forum at the time of the last one and didn't want to be the proverbial mormon at a proverbial house of ill repute.

I'm definately going to this years though :)

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
That great news.

I'll be there too. I missed last years due to a prior arrangment but this years has been marked in my diary in permanent ink since mid Jan.

Even if I have to swim I'll be there.

James

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
I've been to both previous WGs, though the first one I was only a day visitor.

It's getting bigger all the time and I hope we can make it again this year. It was a great event last year, and of course it's right on my doorstep! :)

Jon

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 28, 2003
England, half way down
hootchi said:
How exactly does it work. If you have a weekend ticket you can go in but need to pay extra for the courses but a weekend ticket includes that?

Here is the site. I'm thinking about it at the mo'. :wink:
Reading the webpage it looks like:
A Weekend ticket includes any of the courses you want to do.
A Day Ticket gets you onto the site but you pay £10 per course.

Adi007

Sep 3, 2003
Jon said:
Reading the webpage it looks like:
A Weekend ticket includes any of the courses you want to do.
A Day Ticket gets you onto the site but you pay £10 per course.
That's how it usually works but in previous years (dunno about this year) courses are a first come, first served basis and a weekend ticket in no way guarantees you access to a course - you'll have to queue and take a chance.

brucemacdonald

Forager
Jul 5, 2004
right here
Adi007 said:
That's how it usually works but in previous years (dunno about this year) courses are a first come, first served basis and a weekend ticket in no way guarantees you access to a course - you'll have to queue and take a chance.

That's right - and you have to queue early to avoid disappointment. To be fair, last year there were extra courses laid on.

I think that having only two programme streams is not enough. For an event of this size, you need three or four, otherwise at £65 a pop for the weekend people won't get their money's worth.

Paganwolf

Jul 26, 2004
Essex, Uk
www.WoodlifeTrails.com
just spoke to Roger reference this issue and he assures me that this year they are encouraging the instructors to take larger groups, and there will be more classes plus pre bookable indepth classes booked when bying tickets. :biggthump

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE