Wilderness Gathering 1 -3 September 2006

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Big Steve

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2006
Gloucester
Is anyone else going to the Wilderness Gathering at Bison Farm in Wiltshire on 1st to 3rd September? Has anyone else been before? As it is a limited company, it is a commercial enterprise:

http://www.wildernessgathering.co.uk

However, it seems worth the effort to visit if the blurb lives up to expectations. Is it?

Seagull

Settler
Jul 16, 2004
Gåskrikki North Lincs
Hey up!, Big Steve.
Theres a thread someplace on this very topic, I forget how many folk chipped-in, a fair few.

I had a link to that thread, but I lost it , somewhere in the distant reccess,s of my Mk.4 possibles pouch, all mixed up there, along with jet engined motor bikes, a half pound of best nettle tea and (lately) the humming remains of a theatre critic.

I went last year and enjoyed it greatly.
This year, I,m taking my grown up son and daughter ( if work dosnt get in the way).

Worth it? well it depends on how we each look at things like that, surely..

You,re only "across t,beck", from the venue so it wouldnt be great shakes just to come for a dekko....unless youre planning on legging it!

So, who do we look for, an eighteen stone rugby player?(perhaps I shouldn,t ask ;)

Ceeg

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Big Steve said:
Is anyone else going to the Wilderness Gathering at Bison Farm in Wiltshire on 1st to 3rd September?
Probably
Big Steve said:
Has anyone else been before?
Yes
Big Steve said:
As it is a limited company, it is a commercial enterprise:
Yes

Big Steve said:
However, it seems worth the effort to visit if the blurb lives up to expectations. Is it?

Depends, They do talks there by some very talented people. They are talks and demos rather than hands on though.
There's loads of stuff to buy so take your wallet !
It's expensive though which is why I say 'depends'...

Cheers

Mark

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I've been to all of them so far and would really recommend it, I've met some very fine people, had some very good laughs and learnt a few skills along the way (never bought anything though :eek: )
Neil

Big Steve

Tenderfoot
Jun 5, 2006
Gloucester
Many thanks to the fair folk who took the time to reply. I was gonna pay a visit anyway, though cannot camp this time due to a previous commitment. I guess that I shall be seeing some of you there then. Seagull, whilst I may be a trim 17 stone ex-rugby playing archaeologist, I am usually more recognisable by my stylish goatee and daring sartorial elegance, invariably involving a battered bush boots, rugby shorts and shirt combo, neatly accessorised by a cheeky over-the-shoulder canvas 'manbag'. Feel free to stop me and make yourselves known, though don't approach me from behind 'cos since Gulf War One I've been a bit twitchy about that. See y'all there... y'all!

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
Steve, you should'nt be too difficult to spot ;) , unless I'm busy gassing to folks (as normal). I should be around the Bisonbushcraft/Wildfood School area, all come over and make yourselves known, I spoke to loads of folks last year and very few let on who they were.
Neil

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
You lucky people....I've always wanted to go but unfortunatly due to work commitments I can never make it around the start ofthe new academic year :( Maybe one day when I get round to giving up work (well giving up working for the local education dept) I'll get around to going....Till then, I hope you all have a fantastic time...... You lucky people

:)
Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE