Wilderness and Bushcraft Skills Gathering

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ScanDgrind

Banned
Mar 18, 2004
Cornwall
Hi Guys,

I've just been looking at the Wilderness and Bushcraft Skills Gathering web site.

Did any of you go last year and if so was it good? I ask cos I'm considering going this year and taking the family, and thought it'd be worth asking here for some feedback.

Also where is it being held? Call me dim but I've searched the web site and cannot find the venue listed anywhere. I've no doubt it's on there somewhere but I can't find it. Thought I'd ask on here and save ringing Rodger as he's probably stacked as it is.

Cheers,

Tony,

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I missed it last year..... and it look like I'm going to be missing it again this year due to teaching commitments.... I'll get there one year though.

Ed

leon-1

Last years Wilderness Gathering was an eye opener, we all know that there are a number of people that are interested in this way of life, but untill you see a large number of people from very varied backgrounds and a diverse range of jobs in one place, you don't actually realise the scale of things.

The atmosphere was good, friendly, a bit of a common bond between all who attended probably aided in this.

The stands that were there were very well thought out (Antonio and the flint knapping was an excellent one to attend as he is a very patient instructor as was the fire by friction that Dave put on and made look far too easy), there appeared to be something that would spark interest in everyone :biggthump .

You cannot really thank those that gave up thier time enough, as they did a very good job, the guys from Bison Bushcraft and Gone Native put together a very professional experience (even though it was not a course), that sparked the imagination and interest of those that attended :super: .

On top of that there were a number of trade stands that made getting some of the bits that you can't always get a lot easier (Stuart with the Kellam stand and Jasper with Strikeforce were there amongst many others), it was an experience that should be repeated :-D .

Jun 24, 2004
Hi Tony, I went last year and had a great weekend, It looks from the website that this year will be even better. As the other posts have said its at bisn farm west knoyle wiltshire. Stan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE