Wild Swimmers??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Anyone else enjoy the pleasures of Wild Swimming??

If So I wonder if we could exchange locations and details of where we have been and what we have enjoyed?

So I went to Staverton ( Devon )

https://goo.gl/maps/aE8M4SQcRjr

And had a lovely time!!

SiWhite

Nomad
Apr 1, 2007
Deepest North Hampshire
Have you come across Alastair Humphries? He is a big fan of wild swimming as part of his Microadvenrures series and has written some nice articles on his website.

I’ve done a bit, but I’m not at all conditioned to cold water, so getting in takes an age and I find it really hard. My swims have been limited to dips in the small river down the land from my house, and only then to cool off when it’s really hot.

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Cullykan bay NE Scotland is pretty nice, very gentle shallows out you can be a good distance out and up to your waist so good for kids to splash about, currents are fairly gentle so little chance of being dragged out. I've only been in in the summer, gets a little cold in the winter months :)

There is also the Banff - Macduff bay swim, from one harbour to the other in the summer a fair number usually turn out for that one.

The local kids like to jump off the rocks around Tarlair [an open air swimming pool no longer in use]

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I agree with Cullykan too :D it was a lovely site. Further round at Crovie (away past the end of the village and it's outflows) could be a bit hairy with currents though.

M

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE