Wild Stove’s Wood gas stove MK II

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
I am going to stick to my Bushbuddy as I have not found anything thats better in gassification stoves.

I did a side by side. And didn't find the bushbuddy had anything extra to offer. Lighter....but fragile....not as packable either .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
I spent two days trying to locate a Wild Stove with the old style of pot stand, I thought that new design looked horribly flimsy, I saw a Youtube review where the guy said it was really fiddly to put on too.

I eventually found one of the old ones brand new on Ebay for £42 delivered, hoping it will arrive today so I can take it out to play :campfire:

As for the Crusader cup issue, why not just use a piece of 1cm wire mesh for £1 from any garden centre ?

Last edited:

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
I did a side by side. And didn't find the bushbuddy had anything extra to offer. Lighter....but fragile....not as packable either .

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 4

The BB is very light at around 5 oz but it is fairly robust I have had mine from about 2008 and its still going strong it is inside a snow peak cookset, 120 cad still a bit steep even worse if you get hit with duty on top that stings a bit.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
Last edited:
Dec 23, 2013
Canadian Rockies
Just a head's up, I ordered one of the Stoves last night after reading through the thread from 'Xiamen', the 'Yoyo-3388'. Same as reported previously by others,
Our furnace is not out of stock, please rest assured purchase.

Merry Christmas!

Jackie yang

When I asked how long, no reply so far.

In the meantime, realizing it would be some time before I'll have a cloen stove to try on day ski trips, some suggestions after experimenting with melting snow with my alchohol stove tonight at -10C. I placed a silicone baking pad on the snow, and placed the stove and my home-made titanium windscreen on that. I then placed the stove in the Vargo Titanium wood stove, and after adding about 50ml of Heet, lit a parrafin/lint cube beside it to prime it and closed the door on the Varga, and then clipped the windscreen shut. After a minute of the lint firestarter burning, I lit the alchohol in the stove, then put the pot with snow on. I had to refill fuel one more time to melt 1l of snow to a boil, used about 125ml of fuel in total. Did not time it, seemed to take approx 15 minutes. I'm thinking that perhaps a silicone baking sheet may make a good windscreen, and maybe keep a sheet as well for under the stove, or perhaps use a silicone muffin cup to put it in. Again looking on AliExpress I found a seller that had some Silicon mats that may be suitable for less then five bucks.

Dec 23, 2013
Canadian Rockies
Quick update, does not appear I can edit the original post. The seller got back today with the information that he had shipped the round holed version that I purchased, whereas my original query about stock was for the cheaper listing that had the square holes. So for anyone else contemplating this, there may be stock after all. In the meantime I'll continue to tackle building a TLUD fan powered one from a wide mouth SS Thermos container.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE