wild rose

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pauldr

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2008
thurnscoe
mmmm

had my first taste of wild rose fruit yesterday and i have to say its one of the best fruits i have had there fantastic

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
They are good, aren't they ? :D
I've been munching them for a month now.
I made the most wonderful rosehip syrup from them too.

cheers,
Toddy

bikething

May 31, 2005
West Devon, Edge of Dartymoor!
sadly no you have to take the stalks and that off then scoop out the seeds ( its a slow and fiddley process )
ahh, i've seen that done to make rosehip tea.. Was also shown that if you wait until the hips start to 'wither' for want of a better word and soften, you can pull them off the stalk, then squeeze them carefully and get a thick kind of syrup oozing out through the hole where the stalk was that can be eaten.. don't squeeze too hard, or you'll get the seeds as well :yuck:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Those big fat ones I just peel using a really sharp wee knife and munch the flesh like apple peel. It's pretty thick nearest the stem end.

cheers,
Toddy

pauldr

Tenderfoot
Aug 20, 2008
thurnscoe
just spent about 2 hrs sorting loads to make some jam left it to simmer and my 3 yr old turned up the heat on the oven and it burnet the lot ( he said it smelt nice so he wanted it done quicker )

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE