Wild Geese

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
Excellent shot Elen. You'd like it here, there's a few Lochs and Lochans around me which attract large numbers of geese. We get large skeins flying low in the mist, when it's bad you only get a brief glimpse through the mirk, but the location calls and most of all the sound of the air in their pinions as they beat the air is wonderful. One drawback is at goose time we get a lot of power cuts as they do hit the lines a lot. Still pre-roasted goose on those days.

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
That'll be near to Madley by the looks of that mushroom... Nice photo Elen, and the mists are great at this time of year.

Elen Sentier

Excellent shot Elen. You'd like it here, there's a few Lochs and Lochans around me which attract large numbers of geese. We get large skeins flying low in the mist, when it's bad you only get a brief glimpse through the mirk, but the location calls and most of all the sound of the air in their pinions as they beat the air is wonderful. One drawback is at goose time we get a lot of power cuts as they do hit the lines a lot. Still pre-roasted goose on those days.

I would indeed, GB. Must be a lot of ladders in your neck of the woods for climbing up to get the geese, or do you have special poles to hook 'em down ??? I'd have to be careful not to fall in the lochs with my new successful photgraphic technique of shut-eyes :D. Must get up there for autumn ... next year maybe. I love the calls, Gwyn's or Gabriel's Hounds :)

Thanks everyone, I am pleased with it

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
That's an antique ... it's Madley 1 ... but still going strong :)

And looking from the bus shelter on Aconbury they look really spectacular at night Elen, Are all the dishes still there?

MadleySateliteEarthStation%28PhilipHalling%29Apr2006.jpg

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE