Wild Food Field Guide?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
In the book Wild Food it mentions that Ray and Gordon were preparing a comprehensive Field Guide, does anyone know what happened to this as I don't think it was ever released?

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
It's usually possible to see books listed by publishers long before the print run begins, the only thing listed for Ray Mears for this later year is his 'Northern Wilderness/Into the North' book. If the interest in the main Wild Food book was less than they had expected then the field guide may never make it to print.

Jumbalaya

Tenderfoot
In the book Wild Food it mentions that Ray and Gordon were preparing a comprehensive Field Guide, does anyone know what happened to this as I don't think it was ever released?

From my various conversations with Gordon in the last few months the intended field guide (if it's the same thing we're talking about) is still not finished. I think he's rather behind with it. Did hear recently that the original RM/GH one had been released (or was about to be) as a PB.

Marcus

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Ok thanks for the update. I can imagine his notes are quite complex and muddled as who ever proof read them for the Wild Food book didn't make a very good job as theres loads of typo's and headings and things in the wrong place.

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Stefan Källmans book ("Vilda växter som mat och medicin") is quite good, but personally I like to carry my heavilly anotated regular field guide. Finally copied them into the portable version of Mossberg, which saved some weight and space.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE