Wild Food Books..Pocket sized?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Stevie777

Native
Jun 28, 2014
Strathclyde, Scotland
Guys and Gals. Could you recommend me a Pocket guide to wild food in the UK. I do have a Book on Mushrooms but it's a bit on the big side to take when out and about so would also like a smaller one of those.
I would go with a different Mushroom book though as a lot of the Mushrooms are illustrations instead of pics...to put it simply, when it comes to Shrooms i cant trust this book.

So, Anyone got anything in mind for both Mushrooms and edible plants.

Cheers..S

May 12, 2014
West Yorkshire
+1 for the pocket food for free book. It contains both pictures and illustrations
bb86e126252875a3db03fa7d6dfefc86.jpg

d3540c1fb2d1e0fbcfa78b45702e2f1f.jpg

Baelfore

Life Member
Jan 22, 2013
Ireland
This little book is great. it slips easily into a pocket when wandering away from basecamp.

In fact, if you wear army surplus pants, I find I can fit this, a handful of ziplock bags, a folding trowel and a small bladed knife in one of the side leg pockets quite comfortably.

I also strongly recommend the full-sized version by collins. not as suitable for throwing in a ruck, but a bit more detailed and with more plants, pics, and recipes.

P.S. if your in anyway techy, there are a few good edible plant apps for androids. The downside is I can't use these in the rain!

Hope this helps,

Ste

User3326

Tenderfoot
Jan 31, 2015
UK
I'd get a couple of those Collins gem book if I were you. Good basic books. This handful and the SAS guide weigh less than a kilo and are well worth the £20 spent. Usually have 2 or 3 in the pack when out on a wander.

t8l1kz.jpg

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE