Wild Cats (Pumas?)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheCricket

Banned
Jul 5, 2012
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Has anyone ever encountered anything sniffing at their tent when wild camping? we were lodged in the North York Moors National Park near Hawnby and heard something sniffing our tent about an hour after settling down. it circled the tent a few times, we actually had the worst night ever in there as our minds ran wild, in the morning we realised it was probably a badger, however at the time, our minds were going wild!!!

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Has anyone ever encountered anything sniffing at their tent when wild camping? we were lodged in the North York Moors National Park near Hawnby and heard something sniffing our tent about an hour after settling down. it circled the tent a few times, we actually had the worst night ever in there as our minds ran wild, in the morning we realised it was probably a badger, however at the time, our minds were going wild!!!

You'd be surprised at the noise hedgehogs make too.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida

That's the best indication it was NOT a puma. If it had been a hunting puma, you'd never have heard it.

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
You'd be surprised at the noise hedgehogs make too.

About ten years ago my wife was working on a telecomms contract in Amsterdam. There was no accommodation to be had and we bought a caravan and put it on a site near the city. One night she was woken by an eerie noise just below the window next to the bed, which she had left partly open.

It was a couple of hedgehogs, humping. :yikes:

i am pretty shore there are big cats roaming the uk i am fairly shore i have seen one when walking the costal path from westbay to weymouth i spotted it going in and out of some gorse bushes just past abbotsberry on a hill looked like it was stalking rabbits was a good 500 ish yards away. untill i get contronted by one ill still be a skeptic i could not be 100% it was a big cat but it was slinking along big long tail dont have the carectoristics of a dog but i guess ill never fully no.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE