Wild camping in scotland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I am considering going wild camping along the scottish coastline, does anyone know a good area to start considering? My ideal is to camp on beaches, moving un-hurriedly up the coast, possibley stopping for a day or two inbetween to sea-fish and such.
We not planning to forage all our food as we go or anyinthg like that :).
Will need a village to restock food every couple of days.

Thanks in advance :)

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
there is a fairly well maintained coastal path that runs around fife, with plenty of small fishing villages in between, ive not done it all but small sections including the ellie chain walk, there are a few little camp site spots on the way around lundin links im aware of and possibly at east sands, all the beaches are popular though so camping on the sand may not be the most private of experiences.

http://www.fifecoastalpath.com/

there is also the north sea trail, dont know much about it, noticed it when googleing for the fife costal path link, looks intresting to say the least.

http://www.northseatrail.org/

stoo.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
If your in my neck of the woods South east coast(about 11 miles over the border) let me know as i know a few beaches and would be up for joining you.
beapic121.jpg

DSC08325.jpg

thats me bivying out on the beach in first photo during last summer. In second just out walking same beach in November.

Hobbit on a String

Tenderfoot
Jan 5, 2009
Aberdeenshire (Turriff)
From Findhorn,Moray, to Banff is a good walk, with plenty of places to shelter up for the night, plenty of small villages where you can get most of your fresh supplies from.

Caithness and sutherland, is going to be hard for you to get supplies, so consider taking a lot of dried goods with you, and do a bit of forage as well,

Wish you well on your journey,

And remember, your only as warm as your doss bag!!!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE