Wild Camping in Scotland.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodstock

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
off grid somewhere else
Around the Loch Lomond area has always been a personal favourite of mine here's a link
http://camping.uk-directory.com/camping_scotland_part3.php

At any time of the year when wild camping in Northern Scotland you should always be prepared for a sudden change in weather and it can be extreme going from a lovely sunny day to a blizzard within hours especially in Feb, that said it has in my opinion some of the most beautiful scenery in the world and some of the best unspoilt countryside in Britain I look forward to the pics of your trip..hope it all goes well

Fire Starter

Tenderfoot
Aug 1, 2005
England
Yes I would agree with Loch Lomond area. I once walked the west Highland Way
From Milngavie on the North side of Glasgow to Fort William around 100 miles

The route took us past the East bank of Loch Lomond over Conic and onto Inversnaid near Rob Roy's Cave

Great woodlands and fantastic scenery, The further North you go, the more wild the camping gets as terrain changes to a mountainous nature.

Agree with Woodstock, The weather is changable so be prepared for almost anything weather wise. The big plus is you should not have any trouble with the Midgy population in Feb

Just remember there is no such thing and bad weather, just bad clothes and have a great time.

Tell us all about it when you get back ;)

fred gordon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2006
Aberdeenshire
I would offer Royal Deeside or Donside, Aviemore and the Great Glen, Glen Affric, Ardnamurchan, Perthshire. Scotland has loads of great places. However, in winter the weather should be taken seriously!:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE