Planning Wild Camping in Norway (Alesund)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

WolfRock83

Dec 27, 2019
Essex
Hi All,

I’ve just found out I have a business trip to Alesund in June. The meeting finishes on a Friday lunchtime so I am thinking about booking my flight back for the Sunday giving me two nights to play around without having to pay for any travel . Has anybody got any experience of wild camping laws in Norway or know of any decent areas nearby? I’d rather avoid shelling out for a hotel on the Friday night at my own expense due to the exorbitant cost of just about everything in Norway so max 2/3 hours from Alesund would be ideal.

Cheers

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Janne

Sent off - Not allowed to play
Feb 10, 2016
Grand Cayman, Norway, Sweden
In short, keep away from houses ( minimum 150 meters ), do not step on cultivated land, no fire on the ground, only stay for one night in one place.

The rest of the universal rules apply. ( No damage of anything, do not touch living tres, leave no rubbish behind. You know, the basic rules we all follow)

Reactions: WolfRock83

WolfRock83

Dec 27, 2019
Essex
In short, keep away from houses ( minimum 150 meters ), do not step on cultivated land, no fire on the ground, only stay for one night in one place.

The rest of the universal rules apply. ( No damage of anything, do not touch living tres, leave no rubbish behind. You know, the basic rules we all follow)

Cool - sounds like the usual common sense stuff!

Reactions: Janne

WolfRock83

Dec 27, 2019
Essex
By the look of it, you could throw a dart over your shoulder at this map and probably hit something suitable.
https://www.norgeskart.no/#!?projec...om=10&lat=6959718.02&lon=58374.94&sok=Alesund

What is the recommendation for getting from town to forest and back again? Will you have your won vehicle or be dependent on buses?

Interesting place to be sent for work!

Chris

Yeah, looks like there’s plenty around! I need to do more research though and decide if I will be going up on the mountains or staying in the forest and using my hammock. As for busses, will be far cheaper but I am considering hiring a car as time will be short.

I get sent all over the place but not normally as scenic. It’s normally Rotterdam or Brussels which aren’t that conducive to wild camping!

Reactions: SaraR

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
Looking on Google Earth, you might need to move away from Alesund a distance, maybe further south. Better forests, less habitation.
Remember that the very close forested areas are very likely to be areas where people take their dogs for walks, and sporty people running around.

WolfRock83

Dec 27, 2019
Essex
Looking on Google Earth, you might need to move away from Alesund a distance, maybe further south. Better forests, less habitation.
Remember that the very close forested areas are very likely to be areas where people take their dogs for walks, and sporty people running around.

Yeah I need to have a look around. I’ve come unstuck trying to find camping spots on google earth before though. Was hiking in Scotland and picked out so some spots to hang my hammock - they all ended up being managed pine plantations where all the trees were rammed in about a foot apart!

Janne

Feb 10, 2016
I had a look on the satelliter photod and just south of Ålesund, across the fjord, there is a large island called Sula.

There is a Ferry between Ålesund and Langevåg.

The mountain on Sula looks invigning, only one visible road up to a house on the top.
Some kind of observation building I assume.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE