wild about britain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hi all,
not been very active on the site lately, but the other morning I spotted an emerald moth. Not having seen one for a long time ,I decided to do a google search to find out some info, on said moth. As I was doing my search, I came across this web site.www.wildaboutbritain.co.uk.(sorry I haven't worked out how to post links to other sites yet).
There is a lot of good stuff on this site, and is worth a look, on the forums there.
Regards Chris.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
I joined, had a look, but quickly got fed up of the arguments, repetitive questions, and the fact that you can't put a picture on their site without it becoming their property. That and if you subscribe to a thread there seems to be no way to stop them filling up your email box every time someone posts in it.

Good website to look at, but not to participate in, at least for me. Others may enjoy it.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Didn't mean necessarily to put people off, but just to report my experience. Thing is, I was mainly on the spider section, which largely consisted of people asking for identifications, always of the same 3-4 species. I got bored. The picture thing is annoying.

What the site is excellent for is as an information resource, because there are a wealth of photographs of UK species on there, and most questions that you can think of have not only been asked but answered.

So whilst I no longer participate, I do still use it as a resource.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE