wierd camo tent system! Take a look! It's cool!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

RAPPLEBY2000

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 2, 2003
England
I saw Pictures of this a few years ago but lost all the info I think It's a Brilliant idea! and cool camo too! It's called rather boringly Mountain Igloo 3 ES.

And from a distance it just looks like a pile of rock! in the shape of an octopus..with 6 legs (a hexapus?? )
471544_222_160.jpg

An example of the camo pattern close up
kamuflasje.gif

Very well thought out system, i like the way theres even space for a dog!
471547_214_171.jpg

This shows how adaptable it is each pod can be used on it's own or extended indefinitly
471718_244_260.jpg

One of the "pods" on it's own as a one/two man tent
548690_246_185.jpg

a view from inside note the bloke is resting whilst the woman works! nice! LOL
226822_200_168.jpg

found on this site( in norwegen):
http://info.jerven.no/fjellduken.htm

a brilliant idea shame you can't get stuff like it over here:(

Tye Possum

Nomad
Feb 7, 2009
Canada
I was looking at the top picture thinking that the backpack was the tent and it was next to a very large chunk of rock and then suddenly realised that rock was the tent! lol

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
I have a Fjellduken thermo king size. It's a very versatile piece of kit that you can use as a survival bag, poncho, tarp, quilt, sleeping bag and even as a tent. The camo is excellent and the packages includes a hi-vis flag in order to be found...

ryback

Feb 9, 2009
Oslo, Norway
It's a nice system but a bit too expensive and overkill for my needs. Probably nice for trips where you are somewhat stationary.

Fjellduken is a good product!

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
Just a thought,as I have never even seen a hammock in real life, only read about them here.
Could a Jerven insulated/extreme blanket function as both quilt and underblanket when sleeping in a hammock?
Just zip the Jerven around the whole package?

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Just a thought,as I have never even seen a hammock in real life, only read about them here.
Could a Jerven insulated/extreme blanket function as both quilt and underblanket when sleeping in a hammock?
Just zip the Jerven around the whole package?

I tried that, by hanging the Fjellduken over a ridge line and zipping it close, unfortunately the one I have is a little bit short. If longer it should do the trick.

Husky

Nomad
Oct 22, 2008
Sweden, Småland
The Jerven "mountain camo" is an almost photographic copy of the lichen covered rocks in the norwegian mountains it was designed for. As the pictures show you need to be very sure about where you pitch your tent. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE