Why my postie isn't getting a tip this year...

Imagedude

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
IMG_01101.JPG

IMG_01071.JPG

Itzal

Nomad
Mar 3, 2010
N Yorks
I have had the same sort of thing with City-Link, they claimed to re-delivered my parcel at 7pm on an evening when the full family was at home, after leaving an earlier card with the wrong parcel on it and with tracking information saying it had be delivered and signed forby someone else. LIARS!! Will they return my calls? Will they hell.

Perrari

Feb 21, 2012
Eryri (Snowdonia)
www.erknives.com
Bob
There has been a shake up recently with the sorting office, my postman used to leave things in my porch , but 3-4 months ago he has stopped doing that as they were all told to stop doing it due to a few parcels going missing. I see you are in Gwynedd as well, it could be the same sorting office.
I am saying this as I assume the parcel needed to be signed for.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
if it had to be signed for they are not allowed to leave it if not signed regardless of notes left in case it goes missing, thats why its signed for to ensure it does not (of course i don't now if yours was a signed for delivery or not)

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I think the problem lies with the mobile POD scanners they now use. They can't copy the paper signature to the electronics. When I worked there years ago, we would have just stuck your sig from the note to the POD signature sheet with Sellotape.

I suspect its to save postie/ back office from extra paperwork or cluttering his pristine PO van cab with the behemoth piece of paper :rolleyes:.

Damned annoying though. My postie will leave stuff but only because he knows me well. He wouldn't leave a special delivery though the other day. One day, the Post Office will once again realise that needlessly carrying parcels that could have been delivered, costs them extra money and upsets their customers.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
have the same problem here,one day i was at the sorting office 11 miles away to pick it up and when i got home i found another card for another parcel! blood irate i was! dont know why the Royal Fail are being like it,they make it impossible to make a claim anyhow! i had one claim just fizzle out after 14 months.

print one of these to laminate and put on the door!:

royal-mail.gif

Karl82

Oct 15, 2010
Leicester
tip your post man??? for they only doing the job they chose to do heir is a tip for them if you do not like your job get another job.

Last edited by a moderator:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
There was something on the radio a few weeks back stating that RM were trying to change their rules so they could leave parcels with a neighbour.
Their currently rules do not allow this unlike all the other carriers.
Had my own little argument with them today as I too received a note through the door which is fair enough as I was out. My argument was the fact the postie had written on the note saying please leave 48! hours before I collect it my self! didn't take that long to get here in the first place.
Quick phone call to the office and they confirmed it would be there that afternoon.

Smith28

Nomad
Nov 26, 2010
South East
Sorry mate, but coming from an ex posty.. there's nothing wrong with that.

Unless you know people personally or very well I never left things on porches. It's strictly AGAINST the rules.

I'd rather leave a note for someone than risk losing my job.

That said, you can ring up your sorting office and let them know of a pre-arranged secure place to leave packets.

I'm not having a go, I just think it's a bit unfair when they have a job to do and rules to follow. And consequences when they don't follow them....

Imagedude

Feb 24, 2011
Gwynedd
I wouldn't mind but the door was wide open, the TV was on and 2 cars were on the drive.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
You would've thought by now that they'd be delivering to domestic addresses in the evenings when people are actually home

Last edited:

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
You would've thought by now that they'd be delivering to domestic addresses in the evenings when people are actually home

maybe, trouble is i expect most posties would prefer to be at home in the evenings as well.

fishfish

Jul 29, 2007
wiltshire
maybe, trouble is i expect most posties would prefer to be at home in the evenings as well.

as would all the other shift workers,hes got a point an evening delivery for residential would be very good,if the bloke from tesco can deliver til 11pm why shouldnt they?

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire

I think the RM are looking at customer defined time slots as a potential way forward. As already mentioned, others do it and perhaps RM are aiming to implement something prior to the privatisation ??? :dunno:

Locally, we went through a phase of being knocked up at stupid o'clock* to accept parcels with normal 'goes quietly through the letter box' post being delivered sometime between 10:30 and 13:30.

* And bless the posties for knocking quietly so's not to annoy sleeping neighbours :rolleyes: :banghead: .

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE