Why do I keep seeing this....

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Recently (in the past week) almost every time I click on the latest thread, I get this...

435a8768cefa2d5ecf92a02f32023a15.jpg

I can view the thread online but on Tapatalk it's this...... not on every thread, I'd say 50/50 though. Anyone else getting this problem?

bobnewboy

Native
Jul 2, 2014
West Somerset
Apparently Tapatalk has been bought out by a new owner and they are changing things up. Terms & conditions etc that are less attractive to forum owners. I see this reported on other forums in which I participate, and forum owners are moving away from giving access to Tapatalk.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Recent versions of Tapatalk plugin for Xenforo appears to have fixed this with an explicit type check.

One of the perils of trying to write plugins for typeless languages.

gg012

Sep 23, 2022
SE
I am getting the same error for the last week or so. I have received emails from other forums saying that they are leaving Tapatalk due to the change in ownership

Sent from underground

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Recently (in the past week) almost every time I click on the latest thread, I get this...

435a8768cefa2d5ecf92a02f32023a15.jpg

I can view the thread online but on Tapatalk it's this...... not on every thread, I'd say 50/50 though. Anyone else getting this problem?
I am also experiencing this when using Tapatalk.

I find the Tapatalk format better for viewing the forum on my phone, but due to this issue I'm viewing it more on the desktop format.

Frustrating, as I have been using Tapatalk pro for years now.

Sent from my SM-G996B using Tapatalk

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Just a thought.
I cannot post an Apple emoticon here on BcUK using my iPhone. I get the “Oops” Message. Just deleting the smiley is enough to solve the problem.

Is there some entity in your phone message that’s causing a similar problem when you use it? An attachment? A pasted artefact?

Dunno.

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
Not sure..... it only happens on some posts, not all and its random posts from random sections of BCUK. I can't fathom it....

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Not sure..... it only happens on some posts, not all and its random posts from random sections of BCUK. I can't fathom it....
It’s Tapatalk. Loads of people are leaving the platform, I don’t think it’s a BCUK software problem.

Brizzlebush

Explorer
Feb 9, 2019
Bristol
I've been getting the same error message. Now I know about the Tapatalk thing it makes sense.
I agree, I don't think it's a bcuk issue
Oddly I still get the tapatalk notifications as a pop up on my phone, I can't just can't read the posts through tapatalk!

Reactions: Van-Wild

Van-Wild

Feb 17, 2018
UK
I've been getting the same error message. Now I know about the Tapatalk thing it makes sense.
I agree, I don't think it's a bcuk issue
Oddly I still get the tapatalk notifications as a pop up on my phone, I can't just can't read the posts through tapatalk!
frustrating isn't it!

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Just a thought.
I cannot post an Apple emoticon here on BcUK using my iPhone. I get the “Oops” Message. Just deleting the smiley is enough to solve the problem.

Is there some entity in your phone message that’s causing a similar problem when you use it? An attachment? A pasted artefact?

Dunno.
Yeah, the system at the moment doesn't like the emojies from phones, we've been working on it for a while and have upgraded a few things to see if it makes a differece and it's not so far, we've a few pother things to try out yet so we'll see if they work.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
It’s Tapatalk. Loads of people are leaving the platform, I don’t think it’s a BCUK software problem.
Yeah, there's lots fo forums dropping it as it's become more unusable. Another issue is that the latest updates and terms basically say that they have rights to all the info, personal, content etc, which is unacceptable so I can see a time when we drop it. We're running an older version for this reason but we'll soon have to make a choice on it.

Pattree

Jul 19, 2023
UK
Yeah, the system at the moment doesn't like the emojies from phones, we've been working on it for a while and have upgraded a few things to see if it makes a differece and it's not so far, we've a few pother things to try out yet so we'll see if they work.
Well I for one am not worried. If I get an “Oops” message I know I’ve probably inserted something Apple and go straight to it. The site available emojis (as opposed to all the other emoticons) come out a bit big which sort of exaggerates the intended expression:
:emoji_astonished:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE