Who's looking for a 10cm Zebra billy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
Thought it might be useful to gauge interest....

Edit: If we can get firm numbers, perhaps we can persuade Woodlore to import a batch, or even go direct to Zebra in Thailand?

Mosnan

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2008
Leeds
I contacted Zebra in Thailand to get some billies for my store but they said they would want a min order of $6000 US!

I'm intrested in a few hundred quids worth if you need some help bulking out the order if the price is right.

Nicolas

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I have a 10cm Zebra billy, cute little pot. It is big enough to boil water for a freezedried meal or a cup of tea. It holds 26 ounces of water, which is less than a liter. Sure like the Zebra billies. I once tried to import some here also and the minimum was way out of reach for me! The Zebra people were very nice though.
I got my 10cm Zebra from here:
http://www.bensbackwoods.com/servlet/StoreFront

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
im still up for one as i need a 10cm pot for my hobo(ive tried homebase woolys ,when it was open,b@q etc ) its a weird size 11cm the pot ive got for it is 9cm which is quite loose,so the 10cm zebra would be spot on.

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
Given only ten of us have professed an interest in the 10cm can and this number is currently available from bensbackwoods, I'm not planning on taking this further with a UK supplier.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Interesting to note that the vast majority who have expressed an interest are newer members. Does this mean that the older members all have one, or has the bubble burst and people are realising that Zebra pans are over priced and over rated;)

H

He' s left the building

I'd quite like a 10cm Zebra, I'm currently trying to get a few direct from Thailand, if I'm successful I will post on this thread if I have some spares.

I'm currently using a Crusader mess-tin or a Primus kettle, but I quite like the size of the 10cm ZB as well.

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
Interesting to note that the vast majority who have expressed an interest are newer members. Does this mean that the older members all have one, or has the bubble burst and people are realising that Zebra pans are over priced and over rated;)
Speaking for myself, I love the idea of a compact hobo stove kit for day trip use and see no point in reinventing the wheel when others have been there and done it - the 10cm Zebra is a perfect fit for a Morrisons 105mm canister. An imported 10cm Zebra billy isn't particularly cheap, but at the moment, zero availability in the UK is forcing my hand.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE