Who's looking for a 10cm Zebra billy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

VirusKiller

Nomad
Jul 16, 2007
Hogsty End
This isn't a group buy (at least not by me). When I started this thread, I wasn't aware of any means of getting hold of these billys. That's changed so, if you want one, I suggest ordering one yourself directly from the US company mentioned above.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
rik uk3 wrote
''Interesting to note that the vast majority who have expressed an interest are newer members. Does this mean that the older members all have one, or has the bubble burst and people are realising that Zebra pans are over priced and over rated''

let me answer this firstly just because a person is new to this forum doesnt mean that, he/she is new to outdoors stuff/camping/bushcraft whatever you want to call it, like i said i want a pot to fit a specific size item ive looked in cheap stores etc and cant find the spot on size that i want so if that leads me to spending my money on a item i want i will do so, not because of its rating etc, to me a pan or a pot is just that i dont rate them 1 to 10.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
rik uk3 wrote
''Interesting to note that the vast majority who have expressed an interest are newer members. Does this mean that the older members all have one, or has the bubble burst and people are realising that Zebra pans are over priced and over rated''

let me answer this firstly just because a person is new to this forum doesnt mean that, he/she is new to outdoors stuff/camping/bushcraft whatever you want to call it, like i said i want a pot to fit a specific size item ive looked in cheap stores etc and cant find the spot on size that i want so if that leads me to spending my money on a item i want i will do so, not because of its rating etc, to me a pan or a pot is just that i dont rate them 1 to 10.

Agree with what you say Andy and if you can live out of a small pot then spoil yourself and get one, IMHO they are still over rated, over priced and the 10cm too small to be of realistic use when camping.

If you need stainless steel go for the Tatonka four pint, seems a sensible size for one person, again just my view but I can't live on noodles and tea I like room to cook.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Rik,
It will only be used for day trips for brews etc, when im out for longer(which is not very often at the moment due to kids and misses taking vast amounts of time) i have and do use larger pots n pans. Getting back to the 10cm pan itself i would like one if supplier was UK i cant really justify buying from the states for 1 pan.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Take a look at the Tatonka range, member Lurch here sells them

eBay item 120362481458 Its the man himself selling on eBay:)

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Interesting to note that the vast majority who have expressed an interest are newer members. Does this mean that the older members all have one, or has the bubble burst and people are realising that Zebra pans are over priced and over rated;)

I just prefer to use my kelly kettle for a quick brew up, 10cm is handy but not on my kit list.

H

He' s left the building

IMHO they are still over rated, over priced and the 10cm too small to be of realistic use when camping.

I'm one of these stubborn types who won't listen to advice until I've seen and done it for myself. I've been looking at my new 'shiny things' today (Vargo ti-lite mug and Tatonka burner) and I've just realised that the optimum size pan for the burner is a 12-14cm pot.

Consequently I'm forced to accept rik_uk3's statement about the 10cm Zebra being too small (and it's now been pushed down my list of shiny things to buy when SWMBO isn't looking... :))

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE