Who sell camp fire reflector ovens in the UK?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
A while back I thought about making a collapsible sheet metal reflector oven to use next to a camp fire but it came to nought.

Since i have some spare cash after my birthday I thought what the hell i'll just buy one however my googlefu has failed me and I cant find any to buy in the UK.

Does anyone know of a source that actually has them in stock?

ATB

Tom

Reactions: Stew

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Townsends in the US are another.
however not UK based and not cheap - especially with import duty etc.
i think i would be inclined to get some green hazel and thick tin foil to make my own

bikebum1975

Settler
Mar 2, 2009
Connecticut
I haven't yet just not had the time to but you can make one easy enough from some roofing flashing. Cheap and easy to work get some wire to hold it all together. I'll dig an old video up on youtube an old friend made

tombear

On a new journey
Jul 9, 2004
Rossendale, Lancashire
Cheers folks, in the end the money evaporated, blew the last of it on a Grohmanns Ulu on Friday.

Thanks for the input. anyroad. It looks like I'll have to bide my time , wait until I can get some sheet cheap and have a go myself and be prepared to redo bits until I get the hang of sheet metal working.

ATB

Tom

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
Or you could just buy 3 or 4 large foil roasting tins. Very easy to fold and join together. Total cost four quid....

It's something I'm likely to do this moot...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE