Whittling/Carving Courses?

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Does anyone know if there are courses to learn to carve/whittle?

I have been asked my the mother of a young lad (12ish) who like to whittle and carve animal figures, she is wanting to find him some course for a birthday present. From what I understand that lad is a bit with drawn and shy but loves to carve and his mother thinks it would help build his confidence.

Any ideas?

The_Taffinch

Mar 31, 2014
Hungerford, Berkshire
Hi Tank,

Is your friend local to you? It's about an hour's drive away but the Berkshire Bodgers meet at a farm close to me on the last Sunday of each month. It's not a formal class a such, but more a relaxed and friendly group of whittlers and green-wood workers with plenty of tools and material to work on as well as tutors to get you going. I am sure they would welcome a young chap interested in wood carving. Just bring a sandwich or two. The only cost is £1 towards tea, coffee and the occasional good cake which are provided. I can supply contact details if you are interested?

I was at the Wilderness Gathering on Sunday and there were a couple of stands providing classes for young 'uns...but I can't remember the names of the stands. Maybe someone else can jog my memory?

Kind regards,
Matt.

Tank

Aug 10, 2009
Witney, Oxfordshire
Hi Tank,

Is your friend local to you? It's about an hour's drive away but the Berkshire Bodgers meet at a farm close to me on the last Sunday of each month. It's not a formal class a such, but more a relaxed and friendly group of whittlers and green-wood workers with plenty of tools and material to work on as well as tutors to get you going. I am sure they would welcome a young chap interested in wood carving. Just bring a sandwich or two. The only cost is £1 towards tea, coffee and the occasional good cake which are provided. I can supply contact details if you are interested?

I was at the Wilderness Gathering on Sunday and there were a couple of stands providing classes for young 'uns...but I can't remember the names of the stands. Maybe someone else can jog my memory?

Kind regards,
Matt.

That sounds perfect, can you pm me the details and can then pass them on. The lad is not far from me, so the drive would be doable.

I will check the wilderness website, see if I can get any info.

Thanks.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE