Whitehouse hedgehog axe

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 6, 2013
Norwich
I recently bought two a beaten up axes at a car boot. One is a 30in 4.4lb (including handle) whitehouse axe,the other is a 15in 2 1/2lb head Elwell carpenters axe. Both were in terrible condition with horrendous chips in the blade, the head was covered in rust and there was alot of pitting in the head.
The handle on the Whitehorse was in good condition and only needed sanded and oiled, on the other hand the Elwell's handle was in terrible condition. The top of the shaft where it's inside the head was rotten and held together with rusty old nails. So I cut about 2in off the top, drilled out the remaning shaft and reshaped the handle to fit the head.I used a bit of wood that was laying around for the wedge.
Now for the axe heads they both needed a wire brush taken to them then polished with a sanding wheel. I re-ground the edge on both and ran them over the water stones and they are waiting for is a sheath.
If anyone has any information about the mode and dates of these axes it would be much appreciated.
Sorry I would put pics up but I don't now how any tips on at would also be appreciated lol.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE