white death Caenis fly

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spiritwalker

Native
Jun 22, 2009
wirral
well went to my local ponds for a wee fish and the water was manic with activity and the evening rise well it was bloody caenis fly tiny white things that are impossible to mimic, anyone got any top tips for catching during a caenis explosion? my mate snared one early on with a damsel nymph it was only small and before the trout turned to rise

Robbi

Mar 1, 2009
northern ireland
LOL ! i had exactly the same on saturday mate, the water was boiling !! managed to get 2 on a tiny anber floating ant, size 20 or 22 i think, i know that 4lb line wouldn't go throught the eye, had to go down to 2lb leader and be very gentle !!

if you come up with a mimic, PLEASE let me know ...LOL

tight lines mate

Robbi.

Cledan99

Apr 24, 2010
mid wales
sadly the usual tactic is to chuck a huge lure at em and either aggravate em into taking or offer something bigger and tastier looking...I'm just waiting for a hatch of white and green cats whiskers and I'll be straight on the water lol

jonnie drake

Settler
Nov 20, 2009
west yorkshire
I hear the best way is to use a dry that will stand out a bit, so a size or too bigger, a different shade of colour.

If anyone needs some wee dries tying I can do them down to 20's on grip hooks. just drop me a pm.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE