White Box Stove?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Anyone have experience with it? Looks like a good compromise between weight, design and price. I like that it's made from recycled materials, and comes with a windshield to boot.

All I need now is to find a cheap Ti mug to accompany it :)

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I've got one and really like it. As with all this stuff, it's good at what it's good at, by which I mean it is designed as a quick boil device. It does that very well indeed. I've got the dual/duo(?) model. I have used it with the mini Trangia pan, and it fits in there very well, along with half a pan scourer which stops any banging around. You might be surprised at how little meths you need to get a pan full of water boiling too (I use one of the little plastic flasks from the Swedish Army Trangia set , and that's perfect for a weekend away doing boiling type meals). The windshield is like a thick foil or thin tin - very flexible aand light, and is ideal for the job. Oh, and that fits in the same pan too!

I would certainly recommend it. I got mine from Backpacking Light (http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product230.asp?PageID=99), who I think are a first rate supplier. NB I'm just a satisfied customer; no other connection etc

Dark Horse Dave

Apr 5, 2007
Surrey / South West London
I've got one and really like it. As with all this stuff, it's good at what it's good at, by which I mean it is designed as a quick boil device. It does that very well indeed. I've got the dual/duo(?) model. I have used it with the mini Trangia pan, and it fits in there very well, along with half a pan scourer which stops any banging around. You might be surprised at how little meths you need to get a pan full of water boiling too (I use one of the little plastic flasks from the Swedish Army Trangia set , and that's perfect for a weekend away doing boiling type meals). The windshield is like a thick foil or thin tin - very flexible aand light, and is ideal for the job. Oh, and that fits in the same pan too!

I would certainly recommend it. I got mine from Backpacking Light (http://www.backpackinglight.co.uk/product230.asp?PageID=99), who I think are a first rate supplier. NB I'm just a satisfied customer; no other connection etc

Also, cheap ti mug you say? How about this from another good supplier: http://www.alpkit.com/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16256&category_id=253

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
Hey Dave, sounds like it's a good bit of kits then!

Is that cheap for a mug is it? I've found some cheaper but they came without a lid. Alpkit gear is decent from my experience, and I hadn't seen they did a mug. IIRC it's free shipping from their site too.. hmmm!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE