Whitby & Marttiini

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 19, 2009
Glasgow Scotland
Hi everyone
Just got registered....excuse the stupid icon as no image on my pc seems to take. Anyway, Whitby Walnut....any good?
Also, I've got a Marttiini Martef Skinner, which I bought on impulse and love, although I do realise this is not the ideal bushnife. Anyone in Scotland trusted to snip the gut-hook off and make it a lovely shorty? If not, do Marttiini make decent products?
Cheers

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Hello and welcome.
Martinni stuff is generally good - but I have not tried out the knives you mention.
I bet another will post with better info!

Mar 19, 2009
Glasgow Scotland
I eventually called Whitby...and they have no idea what steel they use! The person I spoke to was prett good tho and called me back to say she'd requested clarification from their supplier and would get back wth the alloy code and HRC. Not bad if they do it. Tried a spot of "wood-carving" with it (made a spike from an old broom-handle) and there is nbo doubt its not nearly as good as the 840, but I think this is more to do with the grind than anything. After a few mins hard slashing it still looked as smooth as ever and could feel no loss of sharpness....not exactly a foolproof test but better than nothing.....

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE