which trousers ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
I have been looking to get new trousers ,but cant find anything . i have had 5.11 ,bdu ,fjallraven and a host of other outdoors trousers ,any suggestions i also dont want to spend £100 ,i remember someone put up some new military trousers and top on the forum ,the trousers had kneepads but i cant find them .

Stuart69

On a new journey
Jul 7, 2008
Glasgow
Those green ones you got look great on bud :lmao:

gnome.jpg

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
I have been looking to get new trousers ,but cant find anything . i have had 5.11 ,bdu ,fjallraven and a host of other outdoors trousers ,any suggestions i also dont want to spend £100 ,i remember someone put up some new military trousers and top on the forum ,the trousers had kneepads but i cant find them .

I think that was me, bought from Soldier of Fortune http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk/military/select.asp

I have since had another pair for my daughter, and was not impressed with the drop in quality (sloppy stiching which wasn't finished properly).

Simon

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
I find heavyweight wool trousers difficult to beat at this time of year. Try an ebay search, there's normally a few pairs lurking..

woodspirits

Jul 24, 2009
West Midlands UK
www.facebook.com

go outdoors are offering a 'special' on these, http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/kiwi-winter-lined-trs-short-p161492 i have several pairs, hard wearing, quick drying and for this week only winter lined at £19 got to be good value! no connections blah blah.

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
Best trousers by far are the Hoggs of Fife moleskins.

They are the heaviest duty moleskins i have came across, plus they are trouser cut so they look semi respectable when you come wandering out of the woods into the general public. I keep one pair for goodish and the old pair go for workwear.

They have a split seam at the back which allows them to be brought in our out at the waist which is handy when you cant get rid of the winter plumage!!

http://www.hoggs.co.uk/prodcut_details.php?catid=53&product_id=56

I havent heard anyone who has had a pair say a bad thing about them! they are about £45

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Tried any Swedteam gear yet Gill ?

One or two folk mentioned dodgy zips but I've not had any problems with as yet.

I went for the Hermelin which I thought was worth a punt at half the price of Fjall's. Not quite as thick as Fjall's and they could do with one decent map sized pocket instead of lots of little ones imho

para106

Jul 24, 2009
scotland
You could do worse than having a butchers in M & S!! They've got some Winter outdoor strides for £40 - fully lined. Have to agree with the Kiwis though at that price & I've just ordered a pair. Cheers.

gregorach

Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
Good choice. Bear in mind that they'll take a bit of breaking-in - they feel like armour when you first put them on.

Single or double? And did you buy them via the Filson website?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE