Which tree are you?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Forget the chart!

What tree or bush are you? What do you identify with and why?

I would put forward that I am the white fruiting elder (see my avatar). Many uses - including wine making and fire lighting by friction.

R-J

Forager
Jan 26, 2005
norwich
i'm the cedar :rolleyes: ...

lets see:
of rare beauty, (like to think so)
likes luxury, (weeeeeeeell)
not in the least shy (what can i say :lmao: )
tends to look down on others (like to think not)
self confident (is there any other way?)
determined (thats not a bad thing)
impatient (errr....)
likes to impress others (hey guys, its natural talent)
healthy optimism (just a bit :eek: )
waiting for the one true love (er, guess so :D )

pretty close to the mark... :)

leon-1

Apparently I'm a fig tree

FIG TREE (the Sensibility) - very strong, a bit self-willed, independent does not allow contradiction or arguments, loves life, its family, children and animals, a bit of a social butterfly, good sense of humor, likes idleness and laziness, of practical talent and intelligence.

Not so sure about the loves children,
a bit of a social butterfly, laziness and idleness though:(

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm a Weeping willow (the melancholy)...
Beautiful but full of melancholoy, attractive (definately :cool: :D ), very empathic, loves anything beautiful and taste full (yeah baby: shiny new kit, and others ;)), loves to travel (yup), dreamer (mwah), restless (me??), capricious (what?? - I'll have to look that up in my english-dutch dictionary), honest (yes), can be influenced but is (mwah) not easy to live with (true), demanding (depends), good intuition (yes, it never let me down), suffers in love (ooh so true) but finds sometimes an anchoring partner (I'm in love :eek: ).

:beerchug:

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
CYPRESS TREE (The Faithfulness)
Strong, muscular, adaptable, takes what life can give, content, optimistic, craves money and acknowledgment, hates loneliness, passionate lover which cannot be satisfied, faithful, quick-tempered, unruly, pedantic,and careless.

What can I say........................ :D

Joules

May 24, 2005
Yorkshire, UK
I haven't a clue, but with the name of Joules Beech, can anyone tell me what the character of Beech is !!!

Joules, two short planks, Beech

Rod

On a new journey
Hi Campers,

I'm an elm (according to the chart on Abbe's link :You_Rock_ )

ELM TREE (the Noble-mindedness) -
pleasant shape - Grant Mitchell never looked so good!
tasteful clothes - my Mrs would kill herself laughing at this - esp. my old Barbour jacket - bit smelly :lmao:
modest demands :rolleyes:
tends not to forgive mistakes - esp. latte drinking, mobile using, SUV driving surrender monkeys :AR15firin
cheerful :D
likes to lead but not to obey :eek:
honest and faithful partner :)
likes making decisions for others, noble-minded :eek:
generous :)
good sense of humour :naughty:
practical. :cool:

rare too! ;)

F

Faeden

Its ancient Celtic knowledge, I have done this before on a druids web site, its interesting to me because my tree tees me up perfectly

POPLAR TREE (the Uncertainty) - looks very decorative, not very self-confident, only courageous if necessary, needs goodwill and pleasant surroundings, very choosy, often lonely, great animosity, artistic nature, good organizer, tends to lean toward philosophy, reliable in any situation, takes partnership seriously.

:D

cgait

Jan 23, 2005
Cwmaman, South Wales
FIR TREE (the Mysterious) - extraordinary taste, dignity, sophisticated, loves anything beautiful, moody, stubborn, tends to egoism but cares for those close to them, rather modest, very ambitious, talented, industrious, uncontented lover, many friends, many foes, very reliable

Great Stuff :D :D :D

Laurence Dell

Forager
Aug 24, 2004
Sevenoaks, Kent
bambodoggy said:
I'm a Fig Tree according to this....funny as I've always seen myself as more of a Birch lol :lmao:

Bam. :)

I am a Fig as well but saw myself as more of a Hornbeam, would have been if i'd been born about a week earlier :lmao:.Hornbeam is my favourite species of tree at the moment we could start a thread on what peoples favourite tree was and not particularly from a bushcraft or astrology point of view but just generally
:twak:

JoshG

Nomad
Sep 23, 2005
Stockton-on-tees, England.
ELM TREE (the Noble-mindedness) - pleasant shape, tasteful clothes, modest demands, tends not to forgive mistakes, cheerful, likes to lead but not to obey, honest and faithful partner, likes making decisions for others, noble-minded, generous, good sense of humor, practical.

I don't know if that's all true... The rebellious nature is! :D but making decisions for others? :confused:

Pleasant shape! that one cracks me up. :D

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE