Which mossie net for ground dweller

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Just make sure it's midge proof,mosquito proof has a bigger weave that allows the midge in.
sorry but I don't have any reccomendations,mine was from a group buy a long time ago.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
I'd second barn owl. Mosquito isn't the same as Midge proof. How about looking in your local material shop for some suitable. Our local one has excellent suitable material for £4 a metre

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
What about the positioning, does it peg to the ground or go under the sleeping bag? Has anyone seen a design for a one person net to be used under a tarp

EarthToSimon

Forager
Feb 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
you could swap your frontline for a travel that can be used as a bivy with the net. Or just put your frontline on a ground sheet.

best thing about the DD travel and frontline hammocks is you can open them up and use them on the ground. :)

roman-soldier

Settler
Mar 7, 2012
colchester
Thx earthtosimon, the problem at the minute is that I am in my hammock and until I can afford another the boys are on the floor, so a cheap net is the option

Silverhill

Maker
Apr 4, 2010
Derbyshire
I have one of these and I swear by it. There will be a review soon in the relevant section.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=120872952423&cmd=SUBMIT_VARIATION

It weighs 750g or so without the pegs, and is very useful under a tarp. It also eliminates my need for a bivi bag as it has a bathtub-type floor to keep my sleeping bag dry.

The seller does three variations on this type of net, all of them appear to be 'inspired' the the go-lite inner tents.

I may (work/family commitments allowing) organise a group buy on these at a later date if there's any interest.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE