Which hammock? Please advise.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Daleios

Jun 2, 2015
Yorkshire
Hi DD don't do Travel XL's, only Frontline XL's which don't have any condensation problems.
here is their link

http://www.ddhammocks.com/product/dd-xl-frontline-hammock
I am torn between the frontline that you mentioned, or the modular jungle hammock. I know the frontline has no condensation problems, but the jungle come with a detachable waterproof layer that goes underneath the hammock.

Do you think having this attached will cause condensation, or will removing it cure the problem?

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
I am torn between the frontline that you mentioned, or the modular jungle hammock. I know the frontline has no condensation problems, but the jungle come with a detachable waterproof layer that goes underneath the hammock.

Do you think having this attached will cause condensation, or will removing it cure the problem?

There's a frontline for sale on this very forum (or was).
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=132522

it's a full member only area though.

ShooTa

Oct 9, 2014
N Wales
you have given yourself two ends of the extreme as it were

DD all round bombproof hammock - great for those who fear of going to ground as can become a ground setup - cons very heavy as hammocks go - but tough as nails
Warbonnet - one of THE top end hammocks - expensive (especailly due to import costs) - but really well engineered and lightweight - universally loved and exceedingly comfortable - and is my next hammock to purchase.
others have mentioned the lowcost TW hammocks
but theres tons more options - For the best advice i would send you to hammockforums.net (not the .co.uk one as theyve only just set themselves up)
Personnally im running with a UKHAMMOCKS woodsmanX - a cracking hammock and insanely light - but i would say a close 2nd to a WB
then for not bugnetted hammocks i have 2 DIY ones and a Dutchwaregear one that is very well made and very cheap and OH soo comfy./

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
UK Hammocks, WoodsmanX + their cat-cut tarp. UK made hammock that is WAY more versatile than the Hennessy. I have been told by someone who sees a lot of hammocks that the DD has limitations if you take it to the jungle. The WoodsmanX, Expedition, and Hennessy are better there.

I have had a Hennessy Expedition Asym with the PU Hex fly. I changed out the tree straps and lines, and that made it a bit lighter, but the WoodsmanX is LOTS lighter, more comfortable too. Hennessy now do side zip, which I like better than the bottom velcro. Being able to open the mosi net out is really nice.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE