Which hammock do you have

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
i have a Eco Sleep System and i really like it i have considered a henersey and group buy but never had the funds or inclination to buy one when i have such a good robust piece of kit in the eco i now use a 3m square tatonka tarp rather than the aus cam hoochie that the system comes with

clcuckow

Settler
Oct 17, 2003
Merseyside, Cheshire
I have a couple. I have a nomad same as the group buy but I bought it a French suppermarket before the group buy and they only had the beachie colours so it is the orange and yellow one. I also have a Amazonas Moskito Traveller that I got from trekdirect.

If you have not seen the Moskito Traveller its this one with the integrated mozzie net.

lou1661

Jul 18, 2004
Hampshire
magikelly special for me (first use tomorrow night i hope)
and a pussers (hammock, pole bed, strecher thing)
cheers louis

bambodoggy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 10, 2004
Surrey
www.stumpandgrind.co.uk
bambodoggy said:
Cotton side on hammock (very comfy for reading in)

For any that are interested, this is my "side on" hammock.....

Ashdown017.jpg

Not sure who the ugly mug on it is though.....5...6...2.... :p lol :lmao:

Cheers,

Bam. :D

Jun 5, 2006
Hampshire
Just received a Jungle Hammock from the Mosquito Hammock people. First impressions, well, I'm impressed. :)
Yet to try it out, but next weekend... :D

RGRBOX

Forager
bambodoggy, that's a nice hammock.. I've only this year bought my firt hammock. I got one to test from Exped here in Switzerland.. so far it's a great hammock.. very light weight, and has no problem holding myself, and my two small children. I was surprized at how well i could sleep in it.. It has an optional mosquito net, that has a hole in the bottom to enteer to get in, and I just run my Aussi camo military issue bash over it.. works great... it's so light that air blows thru it like a parachute..

odin13

Forager
May 29, 2005
bristol, england
sadly i missed the group hammock buy, a hammock is the next item of kit i plan to purchase, i have been using on i have made, which was far too small, and i kept falling out :lmao:
i have around £20-£30 to spend, decision time :confused:

ALEX

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Bam I like the look of that one; looks somehow more secure than some of the others. How do you get into it easily though and how much does it weigh? Are the long sides kept spread in some way?

Cheers,
Toddy......who, so far, likes her feet firmly on the ground :rolleyes: :D

soa_uk

Forager
Jul 12, 2005
Highlands
*3* group buy hammocks[Outstanding]
*3* group buy mossie nets (Good,I now I understand how they work)
An OG hootchie [OK]
A group buy Hex- Fly [excellent]
A group buy Tatonka poly cotton 3x3[good]
Missed the drybag group buy but got 3 large exped dry bags.

I'm considering the new tatonka group buy, but may pass as I know I'll be tempted by the 4.5x4.5, and usually I only need 2 hammocks....

leon-b

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 31, 2006
Who knows
im getting the DD hammock of ebay
i love the idea that you can enclose yourself in it like a cocoon
does anyone know how waterproof the hammock is

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE