which full tang blade

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

heeby

Jan 2, 2006
west yorkshire
im wanting to buy a bare full tang blade to put a handle on something like the ray mears bushcraft blade but not as dear.in carbon steel any advice on blades and uk suppliers please
mark

fa11en ange1

Forager
Jun 20, 2005
Dover, Kent
www.fragraceandgame.com
Dave Barker said:
unfortunately that would lay outside the price range we are working on though.

Why? You can buy blades from Shing for £40, doesn't seem excessive to me. A whole kit is only £65, which again is very reasonable.

Edit: I just noticed when checking Shing's site his Woody blades have now been officially christened the Badger Bushcraft knife.

Dave Barker

Nomad
Sep 15, 2003
Norway
www.brukskniver.net
fa11en ange1 said:
Why? You can buy blades from Shing for £40, doesn't seem excessive to me. A whole kit is only £65, which again is very reasonable.

true enough.

I have made up one that RAZORSROP has ( he keeps saying he will put some pics up) and am making another from a shing blade that Razorstrop already reserved..

Shings blades are class no doubt.

heeby

Jan 2, 2006
west yorkshire
thanks a lot every body nice looking knife scruff whats the system like with shing is there a waiting list or will he send a kit out as soon as its ordered

scruff

Maker
Jun 24, 2005
West Yorkshire
not sure about that heeby cos he already had some in stock but with the launch of his new website he may have depleted his stock. best off PM him.

i got mine pretty much straight away with blade, scales, leather and other bits n bobs.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
demographic said:
Not got one myself but the ones on THIS page are supposed to be good.

They certainly look good and to the untrained eye much like a bushcraft. Guess it wouldn't take much for some unscrupulous person to work-up a fake stamp and sell them on e-bay for bucket-load of money!

Cheers

Klenchblaize

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
heeby said:
controversial

For the sake of clarity my observation in no way a suggestion to engage in such an underhand (I'm being charitable) activity, but rather caution those eager to acquire the much sort after Ray Mears knife to be VERY careful when considering a second-hand purchase.

K

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE