Where to go...

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JADWright

Sep 11, 2011
UK
I am looking for a course which covers building shelters, lighting fires, trapping, navigation etc. and is 3 days long. I am 16 and have worked most of the summer and so now I am cautious as to where I place my budget of £250. I am wondering whether anyone can give me advice and experiences from different companies they have used (or any to avoid). I would be very grateful to know. Thanks.

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Hi JADWright, Im also very interesed to see what replys you get to this thread, my missus gave me £250 as a birthday present to go on a course, I have been looking everywhere for an apprpriate and there are so many around its exhausting looking through them all.
I have however found this one which looks a good mix of course length, content and price -

http://www.survivalandsafetyschool.co.uk/3_day_survival_course.html

Unfortunately its fully booked for the rest of the year as I have spoken to a lady called Jan there, but I guess thats a good sign though.

All the best
Steve

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
There are a lot of very reputable and well regarded small schools around the country.
Maybe a search of ones near you, and then you could maybe ask if anyone knows of them and how they got on with them ?

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE