Where to find custom Knife / Leather sheath?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woodmunky

Forager
Oct 3, 2006
Surrey
I'm looking to get a custom handmade knife for my dad's 70th next year. I'd like a damascus patterned blade and a handmade sheath with some unique artwork on it. No need for a firesteel.

Can anyone recommend a craftsperson who has an online portfolio of their work that I could take a look at? I have until May 2022, so plenty of time, but want to find the right smith for the job, as it needs to be something very special.

Thanks,
Steve

woodmunky

Forager
Oct 3, 2006
Surrey
HELLIZE on ROF has just posted one that looks very nice http://www.realoutdoorsforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/damascus-hunter.3859/

I believe he was on this forum, for a while, but no more
Thanks @gra_farmer thats certainly close to what I'm after I'm looking to commission it though, so rather than buy one that's already made, I'd like to work with the smith to have the knife (and custom leather) made I'll take a look more at Hellize though (does look like they've left).

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
Thanks @gra_farmer thats certainly close to what I'm after I'm looking to commission it though, so rather than buy one that's already made, I'd like to work with the smith to have the knife (and custom leather) made I'll take a look more at Hellize though (does look like they've left).
I meant to say that this was an example and to contact Hellize, often makes customs orders.

ANDGRIN

Jun 4, 2004
Bristol
I have excellent pattern welded/Damascus knives by Wendon Sharman, who you can find on Instagram.
Owen Bush is also an excellent maker, but they are more expensive.
cheers Andy

Reactions: woodmunky

gra_farmer

Mar 29, 2016
Kent
I am been talking to a friend about this and he highly recommends Guy Stainthorp

Quote from my friend: Stainthorp is the man for a special commission. He’s a lovely bloke, and he will enjoy working with him, for the special 70th present.

Reactions: woodmunky

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE