Where to buy lightweight *uncoated* ripstop nylon (or Pertex) by the metre?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Flannelfoot

Tenderfoot
Apr 15, 2012
South-west
Hi

I want to try my hand at making my own double quilt. I've already ordered the Climashield Apex insulation from extremtextil but stupidly assumed it would be easy to find a suitable uncoated, lightweight ripstop nylon in the UK so didn't include any in my order from them.

I'm looking for something around the 30-35 gsm mark (1.1oz/yard-ish), uncoated & fully breathable, with a ripstop weave.

All I can now find in the UK is either 60 gsm silicone/PU coated stuff, or lightweight 30D ripstop "Parachute" nylon which is I believe is silicone coated, but not to the extent of regular "silnylon". It'll probably be be a condensation nightmare to sleep in, though.

I can't believe it doesn't exist in the UK. Do you guys have any recommendations? I've checked the regular places (Point North, Penine Outdoor, google, Ebay, etc.)

Any ideas?
Cheers

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
I've bought the cheap ripstop nylon from ebay to make a DIY. It was not 1.1oz for sure, but as far as I can tell it's not coated either.

Have you googled for sailing and kite speciality stores?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE