Where to buy an Exped Downmat?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I've read the reviews on here and elsewhere and I've decided it's time that I bought an Exped Downmat 9LW. I can see that the UK importer is Lyon Outdoor, but when I follow the links to the shops they supply to, I can't actually seem to find any that stock the downmats. They all seem to just stock the drybags.

Does anyone know of a reputable supplier, please? I'm in the North West, but happy to buy online too, provided the supplier is in the UK.

Cheers :)

Andy BB

Apr 19, 2010
Hampshire
alloutdoor.co.uk

They have the Exped SIM Comfort10LX in stock at £82.99 delivered. They appear out of the Downmat9 at the moment, but have the Exped Downmat 7 in stock.

Last edited:

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
The Outdoorshop is the cheapest place in the UK to stock these usually. I have bought plenty from them in the past and mine came from there.

My first was faulty (dead on arrival) which was replaced.

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
All this talk of fancy stuff like downmats needs to stop...I've never wanted one, never used one..... but thanks to you guys it looks like I NEED one. My superfly will be here next week, and at this rate, so will my exped downmat.
Why oh why are there so many nice bushy things that I need....

sent from my Jelly Bean'd galaxy nexus.

ex-member BareThrills

Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
All this talk of fancy stuff like downmats needs to stop...I've never wanted one, never used one..... but thanks to you guys it looks like I NEED one. My superfly will be here next week, and at this rate, so will my exped downmat.
Why oh why are there so many nice bushy things that I need....

its the best bit of kit i own full stop. i sleep better on it than i do at home and am always toasy warm. i have the synmat 9lw

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It depends which hammock you have, I've only tried one in a bridge and it was horrid, far too tippy for my liking.

They're probably fine in a simple gathered end jobby

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
At the moment I'm using a dd camping, swmbo has a Coleman x1 though, so, if she thinks I've bought it for her, maybe I won't get the "another mat, what do you need another mat for?......"

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
In all seriousness, how are they in a hammock? I am very tempted at the price I've seen (£70)

Its like going to sleep on a wobble board :lmao:

I fell out 3 times one night on my 9lw, luckily into deep snow :) They keep you plenty warm half inflated but are no UQ.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE