Where has the Guyot Firefly Designs thread gone??

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Apologies if this has already been discussed as I have been away from the forum due to a house move. Basically I am trying to track down the thread that was offering the Guyot Fireflys to see what was happening with them as I ordered two and it seems to have vanished without a trace :eek: I have tried searching through my posts to locate the thread and it has no evidence of me ever having posted into the thread yet I know I did - HELP!

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
Apologies if this has already been discussed as I have been away from the forum due to a house move. Basically I am trying to track down the thread that was offering the Guyot Fireflys to see what was happening with them as I ordered two and it seems to have vanished without a trace :eek: I have tried searching through my posts to locate the thread and it has no evidence of me ever having posted into the thread yet I know I did - HELP!

Thats strange...I posted on that thread too. It was started by Jack, I just checked his threads and it has certainly gone...??? I know there were some comments about it being commercial selling, but Tony came on and said it was Jacks personal kit and not from his shop, or words to that effect... Maybe it was felt to be against the rules after all, and pulled...There does seem to be a clamp down on selling stuff, Tengu got told off recently for not putting a price on something she was trying to sell..
Shame for those wanting to buy one of those fireflys, that was a good price...

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Hmmm strange. I am particularly interested having actually paid for these and would appreciate a response from one of the Mods as to what has happened to the thread and if it has indeed been pulled, the reason for doing so. I have PM'd Jack so expect a response from him personally but maybe someone could throw some light (no pun intended) for others that showed interest or committed to buy!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
No idea; the thread was there but isn't now. I reckon your pm to Jack is most likely to get an answer.

Tengu posts enough stuff for sale that she knows how the system works; all she was asked was to give a figure. It was an honest, easy mistake to make, and she kindly very quickly resolved it. Not an issue.
We try to keep members classified for full members while swap shop is open to all but may not be an advert for a cash sale..

cheers,
Toddy

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Edit: I have located the parcel (helpful neighbour took it in and forgot to pass it on before they went away for a few days :rolleyes: ) however the mystery of the missing thread still remains :dunno:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE