where eagles dare packs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
Hmmm just watched a clip on youtube could only see inside of a hood on a scene but yep looks more splinter pattern and googling it, it says 1945 pattern splinter D .

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
I actually have one of the jackets made by the guy at Extreme Outdoor Clothing. I will try and post a picture of it as soon as time permits but I seem to remember that the camo. pattern was one developed for the Alpenkorps later on in the war. The jacket I have is a terrific - if totally indulgent/obsessive - garment; but then, that's the penalty of being a dyed-in-the-wool fan. Having sourced the Alpenkorps edelweiss badges, I reckon I might have to sniff out one of those rucksacks to match it... or maybe not...

Anyway, I'll put up a photo(s) of it as soon as I am able.

PDA1

Settler
Feb 3, 2011
Framingham, MA USA
https://www.flickr.com/photos/124693832@N02/

Here's one of my two repro P42 pattern Bergens. Modelled (copied) from the Bergen Telemark. One has a small slit (easily repairable) which you can have - just pay postage). Empty, it weighs 3.2 kilos or so. They must have bleached or blancoed the ones used in the film, as the originals (I used it in the late 50s and early 60s) are olive.

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I think i read somewhere that they were an experimental pattern​

According to this website http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news2/10493 - 'the jackets used were extremely rare prototype camouflage garments developed during the later part of World War 2'. Apparently they had the designation of M45. Of course this begs the question of why bother using a rare prototype camo pattern, which wasn't even available when the film is vaguely set, instead of an easily obtainable one which was. But since the film is entertaining, but totally nonsense, its best not to think about it. In fact, according to this thread http://www.wehrmacht-awards.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188636&highlight=eagles+dare&page=11 they might have been made for the film anyway, and so were not original.

Here is the Extreme 'Where Eagles Dare' jacket:

WEDWEBPIC1.jpg

And the Standard Splinter Pattern jacket - the real thing is in a previous post

and then a decent repro:
18118300.jpg

You pays your money, you takes your choice. But life is the art of the possible, and since the film version was basically non existant anyway, and certainly is now, the nearest to what might have actually been worn isnt a bad compromise.

Now I'm going to have to check out 'The Eagle Has Landed' jacket as well. I'm beginning to worry how much time I'm spending on this...

Last edited:

Old Bones

Settler
Oct 14, 2009
East Anglia
I spotted that one, but as you can see below, I thought it wasn't quite 'right' - the base colour looks a bit light, but that could just be the photo.

Personally, I thought the Aliexpress one looked OKish. I have to agree with Swotty - being able to buy German WW2 uniforms from China does seem a bit odd!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE