Where Does your Username Come from

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
As my mother was a Beetle fanatic in her youth I was named after George Harrison. As a kid I never quite forgave her for this as I grew up on the Isle of Lewis where I always wanted to be named Murdo (my middle name).

Finally got over that and as my Gran always calls me Seoras I have stuck with that. Seoras (pronounced Shoras) is Celtic/Gaelic (yes you have guessed correctly) for George.

Don't complain Seoras..............she could have been into Elvis or Mott the hoople and you may have been named Mott :) (nothing against Elvis but I wouldn't want to be called that)

Dynamite Dan

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 19, 2007
BlackBurn, Lancashire
or even that American wrestling duo, from the early 90s
bushwackers2.jpg

queeg9000

Forager
Apr 24, 2006
Caldicot, South Wales
Got mine from Red Dwarf, and started using it on AOL etc, but as you may have guessed Queeg 500 the actual character from Dwarf was taken, so I upgraded him to a 9000 version, don't know why, but it seemed to work?

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
Draven's been one of my many nicknames for a while, amongst:
Cain (After reading part of the story for (I think) the RPG "Vampire: The Masquerade" I became very interested in the biblical character and got stuck with the name)
Five (From a Gary Numan song...)
Bear (6'4" and built like a brick sh- ...well, you get the idea)
Jesus (When I started college my hair was long - well, it still is - and I hadn't shaved in ages so they decided I looked like Jesus)
Mustang Pete (obsessed with '65 Ford Mustang Fastback, '67 Shelby Mustang and so on)
Piston Pete (I think that's just 'cause I once put a piston in the wrong round when rebuilding an engine, but everyone in the trade calls me it now...)
And so on... Draven just came from my favourite movie of all time, The Crow. The main character's name is Eric Draven... It's become my standard name for forums, really.

People just like giving me nicknames. Apparantly Pete isn't good enough for them :rolleyes:

stonyman

Need to contact Admin...
Apr 8, 2004
Gloucester
Is that the series with the old Korean as his master ?

In the beginning of the series Mack is allowed to go back home on compassionate leave, it turns out his Dad was in serious debt to the Mafia and Macks sister went to work for them and when Dad found out shot and killed the daughter, Mum and wounded Macks younger brother then turned the gun on himself, so when Mack found out he started taking out the Mafia.

Jul 1, 2007
The group I used to run with was led by a woman in her late 50's. I would call her from time to time to arrange campouts and similar things (that she was and still is quite attractive didnt hurt either!) and her daughters would always ask who was calling and the conversation usually went something like this:

"Hello?"
"Hey, its Rob"
"Rob????
"Rob the Blacksmith"

"Oh, Ok. Hold on, I'll get Mom."

ANd it stuck from there.

combatblade1

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 1, 2007
"I won't have a Spydi"
Mine is an old aol sign in it asked for my favourite magazine which at the time was the martial arts magazine COMBAT and the other was my favourite film at the time BLADE the name COMBATBLADE1 came out and i thought you will do for me, plus its easy for me to remember. :D

gorilla

Settler
Jun 8, 2007
merseyside, england
back in my school rugby days my first rugby coach said i ran 'like a bloody Gorilla' - not incredibly fast, but due to being 6'3" at 12 years old, just as difficult to stop.
my mates hooked onto it, and it stuck all through school. i use it on every site i register at if it hasn't been taken.
add to this the fact that as i've aged, i look like a shaved ape, and it has become strangely apt.
ps the 'gorilla' on lycra-lederhosen.com isn't me

firebreather

Settler
Jan 26, 2007
Manchester
I breathe fire.
Fire staff , fire poi , fire eating, and currently learning to juggle with fire, but firebreathing was the first thing i learnt how to do.

Goose

Need to contact Admin...
Aug 5, 2004
Widnes
www.mpowerservices.co.uk
back in my school rugby days my first rugby coach said i ran 'like a bloody Gorilla' - not incredibly fast, but due to being 6'3" at 12 years old, just as difficult to stop.
my mates hooked onto it, and it stuck all through school. i use it on every site i register at if it hasn't been taken.
add to this the fact that as i've aged, i look like a shaved ape, and it has become strangely apt.
ps the 'gorilla' on lycra-lederhosen.com isn't me

So what is your usename on there then?:Wow:

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Wayland (or Weyland) is the smith god of old English / Germanic mythology. He was the son of the giant Wade.

borgwork.jpg

Since my surname is Waidson, I am a freelance Viking by trade and work with silver from time to time, Wayland became a nickname some time ago.

Seemed sensible to use it as a user name too.

Apr 14, 2006
Jurassic Coast
Wayland (or Weyland) is the smith god of old English / Germanic mythology. He was the son of the giant Wade.

borgwork.jpg

Since my surname is Waidson, I am a freelance Viking by trade and work with silver from time to time, Wayland became a nickname some time ago.

Seemed sensible to use it as a user name too.

And there I was thinking you'd named yourself after Wayland Smithers from the Simsons :D

The Joker

Native
Sep 28, 2005
Surrey, Sussex uk
you should be called "the crap joke-er" lol

and theres me thinking you had a fetish for dressing up in bright green suits with black question marks all over it. haha

.....lol

The real joke is when I designed my avatar I got it wrong........Pink question marks on green was the riddler not th joker.................Doh

But yes your right about the fetish:eek: ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE