Where do you get your wood from?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Usually from fallen wood that I come across while on walks, I get in a lot of wood for the winter and that also gives me an opportunity to take bits for me. I cut a couple of burls off of some Ash and Beech the other day while I was cutting wood for home.

There's generally quite a bit about, even in built up areas, sometime it's just a case of imagination to get something good out of what's available :D

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
I have a gleaning license to take 12 truck loads a year from the local woodlands.... and I never would use that much.... just the odd branch or log stuffed into a backpack usualy.

Ed

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
Urban areas are pretty good for gathering, if you see a tree surgeon working ask if you can have some. Chances are they'll be pleased to be rid of it and you can get some quite exotic stuff too.

speedstar

Forager
May 28, 2005
lincs
i get some off of my best mate he is a forester so no worries there like snufkin says ask you local tree surgeon. ;)

Floyd Soul

Forager
Jul 31, 2006
The woods, Ireland.
I just pick mine up everywhere and anywhere. Theres a woods nearby too so that comes in handy. I tend to be able to collect it faster than I can use it up so that helps! Unless it's for firewood then it seems to all disappear in a single night.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE