where do you do your bushcraft?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bdshim

Forager
Sep 25, 2011
suffolk
hi im new on here, but enjoy bushcraft, but where i live ipswich there are not many place to go and practic without people getting the wrong idea, is there a regular group that get together in suffolk?
many thanks
ben

Dab-nabbit

Oct 1, 2011
Dursley GLOS
I have the same problem and I'm from a town not far from Gloucester. The way I see it is the people you pass judgement (or decide to have a moan) just need educating. Keep doing what you doing. If there isn't an existing group near you why not start up the first?

drphoto

Aug 4, 2011
france
I'm very lucky as I live at the bottom edge of the Montagne noire in Languedoc France and I'm able to walk for 15 minutes and be in the forest. The only problem here is the hunters and the fear of being mistaken for a wild boar or deer. Most of my kit is either camo or olive so I have just bought an orange hammock to be seen at dawn and dusk. People do actually get shot every year so its a real possibility, they usually shoot other hunters though.

bdshim

Forager
Sep 25, 2011
suffolk
I have the same problem and I'm from a town not far from Gloucester. The way I see it is the people you pass judgement (or decide to have a moan) just need educating. Keep doing what you doing. If there isn't an existing group near you why not start up the first?

im back garden bushcrafting at the moment:lmao: will keep my eyes open on here see what pops up, i tryed a bow drill yesterday but pretty sure had the wrong wood, so found a bit of willow today will try again, ive got a few woods near were i work will try and find out who owns them and ask, they can only say yes or no:D

Highfield

Tenderfoot
Mar 1, 2010
Gloucestershie

plenty of woods around there, I have camped on Stinchcombe hill on coldest day of the year a few years back....bl**dy freezing.

Oct 24, 2011
I use a large wood ( 1,1/2 km longe by 1/3 km wide )3 miles from my home called Howel wood. It is run by the council as a country park. As I use the "leave no trace" method of Bushcraft The rangers have lefl me alone. I all so pick up litter and report any damage to them if I find it. I also use a woodstove home made of course from a tin of large pears. so there are no marks left on the ground. I do not have writen permition from the Council to use there land not from the lack of trying the last time I tryed thay wanted a postfolio and a power point presentation. all I want is to put up a Hammack not build a Intergalctic spaceport.So I keep my head down pick up litter and hope the Rangers do not say "Get off my land"

Stringmaker

Native
Sep 6, 2010
UK
I use a large wood ( 1,1/2 km longe by 1/3 km wide )3 miles from my home called Howel wood. It is run by the council as a country park. As I use the "leave no trace" method of Bushcraft The rangers have lefl me alone. I all so pick up litter and report any damage to them if I find it. I also use a woodstove home made of course from a tin of large pears. so there are no marks left on the ground. I do not have writen permition from the Council to use there land not from the lack of trying the last time I tryed thay wanted a postfolio and a power point presentation. all I want is to put up a Hammack not build a Intergalctic spaceport.So I keep my head down pick up litter and hope the Rangers do not say "Get off my land"

Good for you.

As the Rangers are usually spread very thinly, if you give them no cause to get rid of you then most of them would be happy to leave you alone. It's the eejits who cut green wood, leave fire scars and litter who ruin things.

That reminds me actually, the primary school group I last worked with found bits of broken bottle and, get this, spent .22 cartridges in the firepit!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE