When was the Karrimor Sabre 45 launched?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I was going through some old slides from travels back in the late nineties and I found one of me in Poland that shows me wearing what appears to be a Sabre 45. I have gone through a few backpacks in my day but was convinced that I didn't buy a Sabre 45 until I'd tried one on a Woodlore Fundamental course which would have been around 2003.

Does anyone know when this pack was first on sale?

Thanks.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
Was it possibly one of the early hot rock style packs ?, my "sabre 30" is in fact a hot rock 30, I think that karrimor just re-labled the style sabre.

I could be wrong, I have been before & no doubt will be again...

Rob

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Karrimor SF started in '95 and became a company in '98

Would guess would be around then?

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
I've spent all day ploughing through journals and diaries since reading the OP, and been side-tracked very pleasantly all afternoon :) But I've found what I was looking for; I bought my first predator in '98, and I'd imagine they were both put out around the same time. I'm afraid my memory is not good enough to remember if it was called that at the time but essentially the same pack...................

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Thanks for the efforts guys, I had a bag full of rucksacks which I gave to my nephew in 2004(ish) it was probably in amongst that lot.

I was convinced that I was using a 65 litre Lowe Alpine pack on that trip so was surprised when I found a pic with me wearing what must have been a Sabre.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE