When everything including your tinders soaked

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Just came across this vid where he dunks everything underwater before trying to start a fire with a ferro rod. Makes some very good points so thought I'd share
[video=youtube;I55fZEhRcmI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I55fZEhRcmI&feature=en dscreen&NR=1[/video]​

sycamour

Forager
Dec 10, 2012
south east
Thanks for that Kev, but midway I was starting to think, man, he should of practiced this at home:eek:
Still he got there and as you say, made some good points.

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
I take out my fire kit, haul out my bic lighter and ranger bands and start a fire. Possibly aided by kerosene from my stove and/or meths...

If it's life critical for me to start a fire, all environmental concerns get tossed out the window in my book. I'll start fire with napalm if I have to....and itæs really not that hard to make...well, in the forest it is, but you see my point. Okay, now I'll watch the vid ;)

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
He just kept going, that's what it's all about... Never give up :D

Thats the message I get and a real good point

Thanks for that Kev, but midway I was starting to think, man, he should of practiced this at home:eek:
Still he got there and as you say, made some good points.

I think he knew he could do it but was just proving something to himself.
Point taken though, if poss everything should be practised at home where you have more control over stuff if the outcome of your actions is all a kaflooey

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
interesting vid thanks for posting it up

I've been looking at wet and cold practice recently

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE