What's your favorite E-Store for all things bushcrafty

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
I don't think you can get away with just one shop. People have pointed out that you can get folding saws for £18 from amazon.co.uk so why would you pay £30 at ray mears? However ray has some great stuff and their service is excellent.

Woodland organics have some great stuff and it is nice to 'buy local' from our forum.

I love finding a bargin at a new shop as well so I think I go to certain shops at certain times. Sorry if that is well and truly on the fence with regard to the question.

Bill

grumit

Settler
Nov 5, 2003
guernsey
being on an island i use e store's quite often i find woodlore to be
very good and as i dont pay vat very good price's to i have also used
bearclaw and had a realy good deal from garry and would use any
of them again both are a plesure to deal with i would use any store
that has what i want if the price is good

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Never enough advertising!

And thanks for the support guys - I appreciate it!

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Bearclaw Bushcraft has good prices and service.
www.axminster.co.uk is an excellent site for Japanese Waterstones and crook knives with very good prices.

I have used Woodlore in the past but i felt that it took too long and was a bit pricey they do however, have some great kit.

cheers

Oakleaf

Jun 6, 2004
Moray
Hiya

Taking up the theme of the folding saw, got mine from www.tool-up.co.uk. After concluding order on line only then noted the address - their shop was only ten minutes down the road! :-? ( current price £16.85 for Bahco Laplander btw ) Think there's another thread going about using our ability to walk! :oops:

Have used several net suppliers. Some cheaper than others on various things. No disrespect to any supplier - because my knowledge limited. But I have always found the ladies at Ray Mears/ Woodlore to be first rate - service sometimes overlooked in these things.

My good lady acquired an Ullfrotte medium top from them. After a days wear noticed a small hole in one seam. A phone call had a replacement top en route - before first one returned.

OK arguable that so they should, but you dont always get the back end support from the cheapest supplier....... nor the expensive come to that.

Oakleaf

tomtom

Dec 9, 2003
Sunny South Devon
Justin Time said:

jus out of interest, does anyone have any good suggestions for sections to brouse or good general keywords which bring up e-bay has only really been of use to me when looking for specific items as there is not a "bushcraft" catogry as such.....?

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
Tomtom, Two approaches:

First, you can set up a search and then get eBay to email you every day if anything new fits your search parameters, so for example I have a search on "ventile" which helped me get a cracking Keela Ventile jacket last year.

Second; browse categories... so non-fiction books has an outdoor and nature section, or there's collectables > militaria > surplus. These can be very busy but a quick skim down the page usually works for me, you'll find you get to recognise particualr sellers too and can then stick them in your favourites.

HTH

jakunen

Native
Whatever you do don't just type "camping". You get hundreds of hits including things like 8 berth frame tents, generators, caravan hook-ups, kids games, and a load of stuff you neither want nor need.
Use the advanced search to filter out thinsg you're not interested in. Like 'caravan', 'electrical'...

Rob

Need to contact Admin...
If you are using ebay, dont forget to run a search under shops. A lot of people are listing some low price items in their shop only.

Saves them paying high listing fees on some of the cheaper items, and means they can sell at the same sort of price as a shop would (or lower) once you include the shipping).

On the subject of postage - some people on there are stretching the rules a bit and charging high P&P to keep their acceptable auction price down. Always check out a few sellers (if they are common items) and take the whole cost in to account.

Batfink

Forager
Jul 18, 2004
Newbury, Berks, UK
www.alexpye.net
Giancarlo said:
SASS has some good stuff... can't really comment on their service though.

I can and there's spot-b*****k-on everytime! OK so there pricy, but they will bend over backwards to help. AND they are one of the few companies who take feedback seriously, tailoring their designs to what the public want.

http://www.sasskit.co.uk/

Definitley worth ordering their catalogue from their website for perusal.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE