What's your every day pocket knife?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
Leatherman Wave for me too.

I only carry it when at work because of the versatility it gives me. The locking blade issue has been raised with colleagues and has been agreed that it makes it safer in certain situations.

I have used the serrated blade numerous times, it's design makes it perfect in rescue (bit dramatic) scenarios. It has cut seatbelts, rope tethering horses in a stable fire and sadly, too many hanging victims have required its services. A good tool and wouldn't leave home without it.

Dazz

Spacemonkey

Native
May 8, 2005
Llamaville.
www.jasperfforde.com
My everyday knife is a Swann-Morton number 4 with number 22 blade. Now is that a fixed blade or not as the blade clips on and off? I also use the Swann-Morton PM knife which has a removable 4 inch scalpel blade which is so sharp it will happily cut through ribs with no effort at all. I always carried an Opinel in my bag in a pouch, but going by the recent overzealousness of The Met, I have left it at home unless going bush. Funny how the locking mechanism is a safety feature, yet seen as a health hazard by the law. So if you cut your fingers off with a non locking folder, could you sue the government for purposely not allowing you to use a safety feature? I doubt it... Strange how when i was a kid in the countryside in the 70's a knife was a tool, and now a s a responsible adult in the City, a knife is considered a weapon. Crims don't obey carry laws anyway, so as usual the innocent normal people pay the price and become criminalised. Oh well.....

snag68

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2005
Birmingham UK
Spacemonkey said:
Crims don't obey carry laws anyway, so as usual the innocent normal people pay the price and become criminalised. Oh well.....

Ain't that the way of this country at the moment, Bushcraft, shooting, fishing and all activities not 'wrapped in cotton wool' will be persecuted by interfering do gooders. Everyday making the move to Canada sounds more appealing.

Dazz

My EDC tends to change whenever I get a new passaround from British Blades and at the moment, it's a Spyderco UKPK. Totally legal and I have to say a lot more impressive that I expected it to be and much niver looking in real life than in any photo I have seen.

Oh, and either a Leatherman Wave or a Gerber depending on what belt I'm wearing

Rhapsody

Forager
Jan 2, 2005
Aldershot, nr. Guildford, UK
I am never without my Leatherman Charge. Yeah, technically it's illegal to carry (and I have no solid excuse to do so), but it's just too useful to be without.

Doesn't anyone else find it odd how safe locking folders are banned in favour of non-lockers that could easily have a finger off? And all in the name of safety, too... it's ridiculous.

ronsos

Forager
Dec 10, 2004
I have a leatherman micra ,the blade (non locking) came scary sharp from an evilbay snipe(£4 +pp)- never used it .use mainly the excellent nurse type scissors at work and tweezers for picking ticks of the dog in the summer.all the knife I need on a daily basis.somewhat predictably, Im looking to upgrade possibly a juce perchance even a wave.dunno why ,,just am....

Marts

Native
May 5, 2005
London
snag68 said:
Ain't that the way of this country at the moment, Bushcraft, shooting, fishing and all activities not 'wrapped in cotton wool' will be persecuted by interfering do gooders. Everyday making the move to Canada sounds more appealing.

Dazz

At least you're more likely to get away with a carry. Lucky b****r :cool:

RovingArcher

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2004
Monterey Peninsula, Ca., USA
I have gone through a change since I last responded to this thread. I picked up a Victorinox Hunter, got rid of the Leatherman and stuffed a 900 Puma Earl lockback with stag scales in my pocket, that was a gift from a friend.

puma0021bn.jpg

HuBBa

Forager
May 19, 2005
Borås, Sweden
www.hubbatheman.com
i actually do not carry any "day2day" pocket knife due to the knife laws in Sweden. I could possibly get away with carrying a multitool but i don't have any so i'll try to survive my daily walk to and from work through urban areas without one :)

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Hi guys,

As long as it's still permitted in the Netherlands (the government is working on stricter laws :( ) my daily carry is one or a combination of the following knives:

- Dozier Arkansas Traveller (K31) with Rootbeer colored jigged bone handle and perfect crossdraw kydex sheath.

Dozier-K31-root-beer-1.jpg

photo borrowed this is not my knife, mine has thumb grooves

- Doug Ritter RSK MK1 #13/100 in a Bianchi magazine (clip) pouch.
I removed the belt clip.

Doug-Ritter-RSK-MK1.jpg

photo borrowed from internet, my knife is the same

- 1993 "P" Sebenza with nice engraving by Chris himself in a Mike Tea belt sheath

Unique-P-Sebenza.jpg

Here's a picture made by Mike Tea of the sheath, mine is exactly the same,

MikeTea-EDC-Seb1.jpg

His sheaths are the best you can get

These are my main carry knives, when needing something more I'll carry my RM Woodlore under my left arm-pit.

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

Keith_Beef

Native
Sep 9, 2003
Yvelines, north-west of Paris, France.
I've gone back to wearing this in front of my left hip in a horizontal pouch.
F145.jpg

Then in a home-made slip case in my pocket, I've got one similar to this:
F136.jpg

except that mine only has a main blade, caplifter, corkscrew and can opener (i.e., no awl or pen blade). Just the essentials for mid-day picnics. :D

Keith.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE