Whats your Bush Camera?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
.......and why?

I had a Nikon DSLR with a couple of lenses which I found too wieldy, so I never took it anywhere with me.

Then an olympus tough 790sw which was great, waterproof and shockproof, but gave it away....

A couple of others, and phone cameras, but I've ended up with a Canon G9, which I wanted a few years back, but didnt want to pay top dollar for it.

[You could always post a piccie or three to show why. :)]

copper_head

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 22, 2006
Hull
Another compact user here, the Sony HX20. Now I've never owned a DSLR so maybe I dont know what I'm missing but well I needed something small and light. Anyway a couple of pics...

030_zps683f51f6.jpg

DSC01815_zps3668fd3a.jpg

Turnstone

Apr 9, 2013
Germany
I had a Canon EOS 40D with lots of lenses and stopped almost completely to use it because all the stuff was so heavy. I sold all that stuff and now have a Panasonic G5 for wildlife and nature photography and a Nikon AW100 to carry around with me all the time!

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
I use my (my mothers) Olympus VG-160. Very compact, great macro, but only 5x optical zoom, so I'm looking to get something bigger.

Teepee

Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire

Fujifilm F660 here.

Only been using it for a month and still gtting to grips with it but very happy with it so far. The battery life is excellent.

almac

Forager
Oct 13, 2010
Okanagan, BC CANADA
I own a Nikon D700 DSLR, with several lenses but I find it too unwieldy/fragile for the bush.

last year I bought a Fuji xp100. waterproof, shockproof, freezeproof. I think I can shoot HD video on it too.
all ill ever need in the bush. :)

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
Canon G15. Got a bargain through "UK Camera Store". I have no affiliation with them but the cut me an excellent deal - best price on the web I could find. Stunning camera. Got it to replace a Nikon DSLR I never used due to size/bulk. The Canon G range are a bit bigger than the little compacts but the performance and options are staggering and I had to have something with quick & easy manual control.

w06iwx.jpg

50bvs.jpg

Took these on first trip out with G15 in Grey Corries in March 2013. Had to shrink pics so quality not entirely representative.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
Used to have a Nikon D3 and lots of pro glass... Made taking amazing photos easy but too big to have with me just incase.

Now have a Panasonic GF1 which has most of the control, 50% of the quality and 100% more portability. Miss the full frame SLR and 18-200mm f/2.8 IF ED combination though :(

Biker

Here's mine. Sony DSc-H1 Cyber-Shot. It's my bushy, wedding, anniversary, christening, birthday, work and ONLY camera.

sony-dsc-h1-zoom-12x-5-megapixeles-semi-profesional-2gb_MPE-O-3790527976_022013.jpg

Uses 2 AA rechargeable batteries with the spares living in the case with the spare memory card. Does what I want of it and I acquired it for €150 after my partner Alison was offered that price in trade plus cash for a Fuji Finepix. So I coughed up the trade value price and she paid the rest for the Fuji and I got the Sony camera. Well pleased with it. Made me chuckle actually because she didn't like the Fuji from day one and a couple of years later upgraded again to a Canon EOS550d I think.

adriaticus

Mar 31, 2013
Triest
besides a digital reflex (Olympus E-510) I always carry with me a pocket waterproof camera, a Nikon AW100. It's small, takes great pictures and I don't have to worry for foul or wet weather

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE