Whats the point of the cord/string around the top of a issue bivvy bag?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
exactly that, are you supposed to be able to make these bivvy bags seal or reduce the hole size ?
because I cant get the cord to move without fear of ripping the bivvy bag.

Has anyone managed to get the thing to close right up?

Last edited:

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
Swap the original lace for paracord or amsteel or other slippery cord and the opening will cinch up very nicely; right down to a nose & mouth opening if required.

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
+1 on what Ian said. I have a hemp cord that closes the top of my Veshmeshok pack when I first got it it was so damn stiff I thought I was going to rip the pack or break the cord. I thought about replacing it but it loosened up nicely. Replace the cord and you'll be fine.

Quixoticgeek

Aug 4, 2013
Europe
You can sinch the opening down till it's just big enough for your mouth and nose to poke out. It's how I use the bag.

J

Allans865

Nov 17, 2016
East Kilbride
Exactly the same recommendation as the rest of the guys...swap for a decent bit of paracord and you can't go wrong

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
next question, how did you replace with new cord? I looked at a tent pole threading kit... I have loads of cord.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE